close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SP101 32 H&R Mag

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JeffD, Mar 18, 2002.

1. JeffD

JeffD G&G Newbie

Looking for any feedback on Ruger's SP101 in 32 H&R Mag. I want to get a 4' revolver in this caliber, and it's either the Ruger or a Mod 16 S&W. Thanks, JeffD

2. I don't think you will find the SP-101 in longer than 3-1/2" bbl. I had a .357 mag 5 shot and it was mechanically excellent. My eyes aren't so young anymore and I had trouble with the sights no matter what I dabbed on them to make them clearer. I only had a 2-3/4" bbl so the sight radius was very short: most of my variation was up-down, not much right-left. No malfunctions. No problems except unpleasant recoil when shooting .357 mag 158 gr factory. Worked great with all .38 spl loads I tried. I question the .32 mag cartridge but never had personal experience with one.:)

3. mec

mec Guest

Ive shot one four inch Sp101 in .32 mag. While it hit about two inches low for me at 25 yards with the 85 grain factory load, accuracy was pretty good at 2" from a casual rest. The 4" barrel was putting out the jhps at 995 fps which is about 70 fps down from what I got from a 6.5" Bisley.