Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Christmas approaching, I hope we all do our part to spend our money wisely and in alignment with keeping America free.

In particular, spending money on products made in China directly supports the communists who want to destroy America. Plain and simple, that is bad. And lest you forget, some companies may pretend to support the Second Amendment, but it is their actions which speak louder than their words: https://gearjunkie.com/benchmade-destroys-guns-oregon

·
Super Moderator
16,951 Posts
honestly im not worried about Benchmade nor am I going to boycott them... They have always been a pro 2a and Pro US made products company.

That article you posted above was a story blown out of proprotion by the gun community trying to eat their own almost a year ago.

The local Police Department had a bunch of property of all manner of things including some guns that were seized evidence from crimes that were to be destroyed and the police department was not legally allowed to resell those guns.

So they were going to be shipped off to be destroyed. Several of the guns were too big to fit in the shipping boxes to the third party company that officially smelts down the guns. The police department would normally send all the longer guns that were too long to fit into the shipping boxes to a local contractor to cut them down to size but that contractor was unavailable so they contacted Benchmade who was a local company and who had a plasma cutter machine or something too see if they could do it and Benchmade being a pro police company agreed to help them...

The evidentiary guns were going to be smelted down no matter what and again, the police were not allowed to resell them so I don't see what the problem is.

Reactions: EtherialOne

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tacav --

Your call. However, the larger issue in the article wasn't as much the destruction of the guns (due to the issues you noted), but how the company spends its campaign contributions. They are supporting Democrats who are anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment. Since 2014, 100% of their campaign contributions have gone to Democrat candidates, not a single dime to Republican candidates.

And who did they send their money to? Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR), House Representative Kurt Schrader (D-OR), Senator Mark Udall (D-CO), and Senator Martin Heinrich (D-NM). Not everyone is familiar with those politicians, so let me put those names in perspective:
-- The NRA gives Ron Wyden an "F" on gun control. Voted "Yes" on banning magazine capacities over 10 cartridges.
-- Kurt Schrader wants to expand "red flag" laws across the country as federal legislation.
-- Martin Heinrich quit his NRA membership and wants to expand gun background checks.
-- Mark Udall was supported by Michael Bloomberg for his extremist anti-gun positions (thankfully, Udall is out of the Senate now).

I get it, Benchmade is a knife company, not a gun company. Fine. But the people who belong to Gun n'Game are, by definition, gun people. They need to know exactly who and what they are supporting when they consider purchasing products from companies like Benchmade.

·
Super Moderator
16,951 Posts
Hi Tacav --

Your call. However, the larger issue in the article wasn't as much the destruction of the guns (due to the issues you noted), but how the company spends its campaign contributions. They are supporting Democrats who are anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment. Since 2014, 100% of their campaign contributions have gone to Democrat candidates, not a single dime to Republican candidates.

And who did they send their money to? Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR), House Representative Kurt Schrader (D-OR), Senator Mark Udall (D-CO), and Senator Martin Heinrich (D-NM). Not everyone is familiar with those politicians, so let me put those names in perspective:
-- The NRA gives Ron Wyden an "F" on gun control. Voted "Yes" on banning magazine capacities over 10 cartridges.
-- Kurt Schrader wants to expand "red flag" laws across the country as federal legislation.
-- Martin Heinrich quit his NRA membership and wants to expand gun background checks.
-- Mark Udall was supported by Michael Bloomberg for his extremist anti-gun positions (thankfully, Udall is out of the Senate now).

I get it, Benchmade is a knife company, not a gun company. Fine. But the people who belong to Gun n'Game are, by definition, gun people. They need to know exactly who and what they are supporting when they consider purchasing products from companies like Benchmade.

Kurt Schrader is from District 5 in Oregon which is heavily democratic and that district typically votes as such regarding their elections.

That being said, Schrader has a 93% rating with the League of Conservative Voters and typically votes conservative on economic issues. He is also a huge Public Lands Access advocates for hunters and is a longtime member of the Land and Water Conservation fund. He was one of only 6 democrats who crossed party lines to vote to enact a national CCW reciprocity law.

He his one of the few democrats who has gotten funding from the NRA and has a B rating with the NRA.

Schrader is a DINO in many ways and a republican wasn't going to win that district anyways and Scrhader's other democrat competition for that seat was far more in line with libtard values so he was a strategic choice.

Martin Heinrich is another huge champion of public lands rights for hunters etc and is a life long hunter/conservationist himself. He often times voted with republicans on several land rights issues. At the time that Benchmade donated money to him in the past he also had an A rating with the NRA regarding his views as a gun owner and based on his voting history.

His rating has since slipped to a C after changing his stance on certain things and Benchmade has not supported him since as far as I know. Henrich was also in a voting district that typically always goes democratic where republicans have no chance.

Sometimes its about damage control and voting in conservative democrats.

I can think of one good example here in MD, (for the state government senators) where democrats have a super majority. One democrat senator voted pro -2A and with republicans on every single gun legislation bill (and several other topics) that ever came across the floor during his multiple terms as a senator and he came from a district that was overwhelmingly republican (yes those areas do exist in MD). And as his record was so conservative he kept getting re-elected. He finally lost re-election not due to guns but due to drug legalization issues.

But for the most part he was the epitome of a DINO.

In many cases you end up gaining more by strategically helping a conservative democrat that has a history of voting with your side than you do than supporting a republican that literally has zero chance of winning in that district or that conservative democrat's same party competition who is far more liberal.

Reactions: neophyte
1 - 4 of 4 Posts