Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rifle been pasted down threw family I been tryna find info about it, I know mine was made at end of 1898-early 1899. It got a 1901 rear sight on it & it鈥檚 a carbine, I guess around the 1920,s most Krags were shortened into carbines then sold as military surplus for $2-$3 馃槼 this rifle is hard as hell finding exact info about if can help it鈥檇 be much appreciated, I tried lookin into if it served active service but I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 possible to find out
Bicycle fork Vehicle Bicycle part Tints and shades Electric blue

Premium Member
Ammo is available online but the prices are very high...https://www.308ammo.com/30-40-KRAG-s/111.htm ; they are a nice rifle. I have one that has been shortened and an Enfield No.1Mk3 nose cap installed. They have a smooth but rather weak action, one locking lug. Handloading is an option but keep your loads moderate.

Registered
If your into reloading. I was trying to find reloading dies for 7.63X25 and ran across reloading dies for your
If want more pics of the Krag to look at lmk, I鈥檇 love to get some ammo and take her out shootin. I couldn鈥檛 find ammo for it years ago I bet it鈥檚 super impossible now, hell i haven鈥檛 had 22mags
Ina long time
If your looking into ammo and into reloading, I was trying to find 7.63X25 reloading dlies and doing so I found reloading dies for your 30/40 Krag at Classic Firearms for $32.04. If not I would find a reloader person and have them reload for you.

Registered
Rifle been pasted down threw family I been tryna find info about it, I know mine was made at end of 1898-early 1899. It got a 1901 rear sight on it & it鈥檚 a carbine, I guess around the 1920,s most Krags were shortened into carbines then sold as military surplus for $2-$3 馃槼 this rifle is hard as hell finding exact info about if can help it鈥檇 be much appreciated, I tried lookin into if it served active service but I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 possible to find out View attachment 170136
I found your brass on Graf & Sons 50 rounds $35.99.

Registered
Yup, the action is weak. Many years ago, now, when I used to hunt in Eastern Canada, our French-Canadian guide would loan me his to hunt with. I remember that Krag-Jorgensen as being very heavy, reasonably accurate, and definitely not made to be used with 'healthy' hunting loads; so, I had to be careful what I shot at with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts