1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
464 Posts
Gee, a weapon that, dry, is half a pound lighter than my scoped M-1A, (fully loaded) fierce muzzle blast, a whopping 9 inches shorter, tender optics, degraded ballistics, (barrel length) with diminished accuracy at distance, increased incidence of "shoot thru" in urban setting. for only Too much money. Yep, sign me up, NOT.

·
Premium Member
12,318 Posts
They are cool looking and Springfield tends to do things right. The entire Saint line has always been impressive to me, but if I'm investing that kind of money, I will probably go with the IWI Galil 7.62x39. I DO like those Saints though.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
msrp $1300..not really that bad.

.308 from this rifle is still cruising at 2400 fps.. or about 1600 ftlb.. its still a tumper even compared to .300 blk.. which only has legs to about 200 anyways.

the gun doesnt come with optics so you can put whatever you want on it, be them "tender" or not.

lighter and shorter is good in my opinion

yeah its probably a little blasty, but that only sucks for the people not behind the trigger

not sure where the proof is on decreased accuracy
also not sure how this is going to "shoot through" any worse than the m1a it was compared to..

alas, to each their own!

like i said, it may not be the most practical thing ever, but danm is it cool!

talk about a cool little ranch/ walkabout gun, still packs much more punch than any .223 lower based ar.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder how redcaddy feels about it?...LOL

but I agree,, why would you ruin a good rifle like that.
just buy that 300 BO you been wanting and get it over with.
not really a fan of .300blk personally. if your gonna go .30 cal go .30 cal!
plus I dont run suppressors which is really where .300 blk shines.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, 5 day canoe/overland camping trip in alaska, you can only take one gun.

This ar-10 pistol would be very high on my list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts