Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me about the .45 auto Springfield Champion Stainless steel?
It appears to be the loaded version With the night sights, adjustable trigger, chamber loaded indicator,etc. I tried looking them up but it seems they are discontinued. How do they compare to other 1911s and any firsthand knowledge would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
SS Loaded Champ

You'll never regret it. I've had one for 8 mos, and it has been perfect! I picked mine up for 700.00 and it has the nice SA wooden grips. I can find it in the dark, because of the sights. Very accurate, easy to clean, great warranty, and it fits like a glove. Reloads of 185 HBRN's and some Tite Group or Clays makes it even better. Great choice.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deersniper:
Thanks for the info. Picked one up at a pawn shop I frequent. Only problem is a slight scratch where all 1911s get scratched when someone is learning to take them apart. Shoots great. Have had it to the range three times now, still waiting for my first failure to feed. I am going to make it my primary carry gun due to the cost of my Colts. Like you, I love those night sights.

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
SS loaded Champ

Ain't it cool? Knew you would like it! Mine has the same little scratch. No big deal. Kimber doesn't offer free night sights with theirs. Still waiting for mine to mess up, but it is great. How accurate is it? Does it have the wooden SA grips? I'd bet my life on that gun, too. If you run out of ammo, you can always blind them with that shiny slide huh!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine came with the black Hogue combat grips. It is more accurate than I am. I have been shooting some old miltary ammo and some S&B ammo so I can't say for sure exactly how accurate it truly is, but it shoots everything fine and everybody that shoots it likes it. When I brought it home I used some FLitz and some elbow grease on it and it shines brightly.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Top of the line pistol, accuracy is astounding. It'll outshoot 45's that cost hundreds more.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good choice. I have bothe the Champion loaded and the Colt defender. Hard pressed to pick which one I like best. Both shoot fine with no problems so far. Just can't beat a 1911.

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
I know this thread is getting old, but Roy, I didn't like the bright shiny finish on the gun so I broke it down and pushed it in [one direction only] across a fine emery cloth sandpaper on a glass surface, and the scratches are gone and it has a brushed finish on it now. It looks great!

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Welcome to G&G. That little scratch, top and bottom of the slide release lever. The way I remove mine is pushing with brass dowel in from the opposite side to push it out. Roy, it's been a few months and it still looks good.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Too bad they make them in Brazil now. The metal is not the same, softer than USA version - beware!
Not true in the least bit. Would you mind providing us with evidence that shows "Brazilian Steel" to be weaker than "American Steel"?

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
You can see a pic of it in 1911 and Clones section "show us your 1911." It came with an amidextrous safety and you have to take a grip off to clean it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts