close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Springfield M-1

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory' started by GARY D, Aug 4, 2002.

1. GARY D

GARY D G&G Newbie

Held the new Springfield M-1 in my hands yesterday. Gee! :cool:

Gun store had it on the counter for $998.00. :(

Any thoughts? Does anyone have one?

2. They seem to have gotten mixed reviews. Apparently there are some wide variations in quality based on who manufactured the receiver. $1000.00 is a lot to pay when the CMP rifles cost 1/2 that.

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I agree, until CMP has run dry, why buy from anywhere else.

4. zviking

zviking G&G Newbie

I have a new Springfield with the Breda receiver. There wer only 400 of these forged receivers the rest will be cast. I have no complaints. I paid $ 799.00 for mine. With the new barrel, stock, and lifetime warranty I am pleased. CMP or New, To each his own.

5. If you wanna go that route, I bought my first Garand from Tony Giacobbe. Its a SA reciever with a new Springfield, USA barrel. Has a brand new stock, rest of the internal parts are USGI. The rifle looks as if it is brand new. I paid $800. I like the fact that is a USGI reciever. I highly recomend him. Those SA, USA. reciever are made by Lithgow. They are cast. For the money, go to www.garandguy.com . He also has service grade Garands for $500.

6. ROLL YOUR OWN?

WITH A ORIGINAL M1 RECIEVER AND A M1 KIT YOU COULD ROLL YOUR OWN.

DANA

7. Where do you get an M1 "Kit"?

8. M1 KITS

THERE ARE A NUMBER OF ADDS IN THE SHOTGUN NEWS. THEY GO FOR ABOUT $150 TO $200.

DANA

9. FWIT, I just tried out my Danish M1with Var barrel yesterday at the range with Rick B on hand. It functioned flawlessly, as if new. Accuracy excellent with Ball ammo. With each shot it got better and better. I used the sight settings as they came from CMP at 100 yards. All were on the paper from the first round. Am I happy, like a pig in you know what. Would I do it again, you bet. No regrets. By the way, I was going to purchase an M1A from Springfield. Glad I changed my mind.

John