Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some 1911's and was wondering how people felt about the two. Where I am, the Springfield Mil Spec sells for about 489 and the Rock Island is 389. A cool hundred is alot of money for me. Am I really getting anything besides the name and US manufacture for the extra hundred bucks? Are they comparable in quality? What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
i'd put my money on the springfield. ive heard both good and bad about the RI, and i dont like to gamble with my hard earned money.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Heck, I've heard as much bad about the Springfield and loads of good about the RIA.

G

·
Outriderdark said:
Brazil..huh. So it's the name only.
along with a bunch of other companies..they have historic names but have precious little history..while laying claim to as much as you and I will believe :jaw: such is the power of advertising

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just saw that some of the Springfields are made in Croatia, too. The funny thing is, I'm not particularly concerned where something is made. Some of my higher quality guns are made overseas. I just hate that they lay claim to an American manufacturing icon like Springfield and you don't realize it's an import till you read the fine print. I hate corporate deception.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
The Croation guns are the XD series - great pistols that cost far less before Springfield stuck their name on them.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,322 Posts
Mil Spec by far...just looked at both today...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts