close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Springfield SAR-8

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory' started by jaybo, Apr 7, 2002.

1. jaybo

jaybo G&G Newbie

A local dealer has an SAR-8 that appears to be in excellent condition. It looks similar to the CETMEs. Anyone know anything about them?

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

The SAR-8 is of noticeably better quality than the CETME, at least in finish. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it has a scope mount machined into the receiver, which is a plus. I think there may be different versions, though. Does it have a separate pistol grip, or a thumbhole stock? Does it have a thick aluminum receiver, or a stamped steel one? All of these affect value.

3. jaybo

jaybo G&G Newbie

It has a seperate pistol grip. Not sure about the receiver or scope mount. The furniture is OD in color. They are asking $700.

4. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

If it is made by Springfiels Armory , Inc. , I think it has a lifetime warenty , like a M1A .

Wyr
    God Bless

5. BattleRifleG3

Check whether it has a thick aluminum receiver or a stamped steel one. Aluminum is post ban with American parts, steel would probably be pre-ban and very valuable. Both are decent rifles.

6. jaybo

jaybo G&G Newbie

Finally got back by the shop. It's an aluminum receiver with the scope mount machined into the receiver. Three 20 round mags and 200 rounds of Argentine ammo. It appears to be in excellent condition, probably 85-90%

7. BattleRifleG3

Sounds like a fine price if you're interested in it, especially with the ammo and mags. Make sure to use GOOD mags in it. Use the kind with the intricate stampings, not the Western Crap Mags that are pried up in different areas.