Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the gun is actually on the shelf yet? Its listed on their website as arrived but can't find any real specifics. Would like to know how much their going for and any other comments about the gun. Thanks

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
I do not believe it is on the shelf yet. They are making a big deal of it. It's my technical opinion that Springfield XD kicks the crap out of Glock. Thus far Glock has had more options, including the Model 21 in 45 ACP. With the XD coming in 45 ACP, not only the Glock 21 will have a run for its money, but the new 45 GAP cartridge designed for smaller frames will probably have its death sentence.

·
Registered
17 Posts
SA-XD the new choice

I have the XD 5" Tactical in 9mm, love it,
Bought it over the Glock!!
I have a 1911 .45 so SA lost the race on that one, But I bet it will be nice!!
I also have the Hi-Point .45 ...Glock lost again!!! $$$!!!
I have a Star Model B Super in 9mm thats like new, Must have been a officers gun, I made custom black walnut grips for it that make the Star shine......Glocks not in that race..... no wood grip option.
Take a stick and carve a grip!!!
Paul aka Sporty

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own the 45 acp xd

I own the .45 acp xd in the 4" service model and It is honestly the best .45 i've ever shot i love it and my buddy has a glock .40 so i've shot it alot and i like the xd alot better than the glock

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have not shot the XD45acp yet. I have had it in my hand, & it is by far much more comfortable than my Glock 30. I do like the way my Glock 30 shoots. Can anyone give me an idea how the Xd shoots compared to the Glock?

·
Registered
127 Posts
ash said:
I'd take a hi-point over a glock
Dude I'd totally re-evaluate that statement. We all know that Hi-point is a jam-o-matic. Why the heck does everyone hate on glock? If you are a proud owner you would obviously know that it kicks !!!!! and shoots incredibly accurate. Glock almost is incapable of jamming and is totally impervious to extreme weather conditions. The glock withstands different climates and is an outstanding weapon. I do belive there is a reason that 70% of law enforcement carries Glock, It is so dang reliable.There is nothing wrong at all with the Glock 30 .45 ACP and I would most definetely grab that than any other weapon in the middle of the night if an intruder broke in my house. The springfield XD is just plain inconsistant in my opinion. I have seen too many stove pipe situations at the range. "This is my Glock...there are many like it but this one is MINE!" ~R. Lee Ermey

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I go a nice Kimber or Wilson 1911 anyday, but that is just me. I love the the 1911, it fits me perfectly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My friend also owns a Glock 30. When we go to the range, we use the worst ammo we can find to see what the Glock can do. Truthfully, I have never had a jam, or any other problem. We also brought along a Taurus 45acp snub nose revolver(Cannon). We experienced miss fires with the same ammo. We then took that ammo, put it in the Glock, & it fired away. I'm pretty well sold on my Glock 30.
Thanks for your reply.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts