Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was introduced to these fine pieces at the local gun shop by means of a display they had. They have the looks of a Glock, but the feel is just inviting. It's like nothing I have held before, I can really tell that Springfield put some time and money in researching this gun out.

I won't say that I am going to pass Glock up, but this really gives me some serious thinking to do!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you aren't the first one to say that. I am looking for more of a conceal carry gun...so that is why I am looking at compact and very important the feel of the gun.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I have owned both. Not only was the XD a better fit for my hands but it was also more accurate than the glock I had. I also like the grip safety and the fact that the brass is fully suported in the chamber plus you can shoot lead bullets through it. The only reason I got rid of it was that a friend of mine offered me as much as I paid for it and I was searching for another carry gun. I'm still looking, the XD 45 is at the head of my list.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
i have fired a springfield XD in 9mm and 40 and a glock in .45, 9mm, and 40

i liked the springfields more. Also shot a glock 18 in full auto :full:

Chris said:
you aren't the first one to say that. I am looking for more of a conceal carry gun...so that is why I am looking at compact and very important the feel of the gun.
the makarov is the best choice out there, and thats a fact:lucky:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Springfield over Glock hands down!

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
troylaplante...
Opinions are just like armpits...
:D

In that case you might as well clamp your nose shut because there's no end to different opinions on "which gun is best." ;) Anyway, here's my two cents on Chris's question about the Springfield XD in 9mm.

Two years ago I bought that handgun principally to be used for a CCW piece. I wanted something easily concealed, lightweight, something with relialiability, enough zap for the job, and many other reasons. After checking out several pistols I decided upon the Sub Compact Springfield XD 9mm and have never been sorry.

The features of the XD that I like are numerous, and are easily obtainable on the web, but it all comes down to indivdual preferences which will vary with individuals. :right:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can't say anything for the Glock, but I own a SA-XD9 subcompact. The ergonomics of the XD are second only to the 1911 to me. I have never actually shot a compact Glock and personally would never own a Glock. I think my hatred for Glock comes from the gun snobs that insist they are the finest gun ever made and never have problems, and also from the popular line of thought that "only gangstas and thugs carry Glocks". I am sure they are fine weapons, but I really don't like the grip angle of a glock and the XD has a full grip compared to the "three finger" grip on a Glock.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have decided to go with an xD for CCW. I am going to go with a subcompact. I really like the feel of it over a glock. I have been saving up for it. I love how my local gun show will work with you on things like that. Almost like a layaway plan!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I second the Springfield. My Dad's boss has one in 9mm as his carry, and speaks the world of it.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Good choice, Chris. We can talk more about it on Chat some evening.

·
Registered
11 Posts
SPringfield xd40

DO NOT GET A GLOCK unless you want it to lock on you.... Glock ...mmmm let me see...Not

I have shot from the 18 -26 non fit my hand , recoil its too much for the size , if it too much recoil for a small gun or unstabled ...

Now springfield is a different matter , i can put my life on it and no missfires at all . i have had over 1000 round and never .. i mean never a jam at all.... my back up is a pt 140 taurus small giant ... then in the vehicle i have the ruger sp101 357 snub with hydoshock +p

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
boricua2122 said:
DO NOT GET A GLOCK unless you want it to lock on you.... Glock ...mmmm let me see...Not
I guess that is why the overwhelming majority of competition defensive pistol shooters use Glock, not to mention government agencies worldwide. I have NEVER had a Glock lock up on me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
troylaplante said:
I guess that is why the overwhelming majority of competition defensive pistol shooters use Glock, not to mention government agencies worldwide. I have NEVER had a Glock lock up on me.
I had glock 26 & 18 and had issues with stove piping or case extractions . Bought the Springfield XD 40 sub comp and never had a problem. my standard issue is a springfield xd 40 tactical. i have drop it in sand ,saltwater & mudd and still will fire as it was clean......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts