Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased the springfield xd 9mm becuase of the quality of the gun but most of all the grip. I shopped around for weeks checking out every gun shop and show in the around until I found the right fit. I've shot the gun several times and I am having a problem with it jaming the spent cartridge as it discharges. Everyone else who shoots the gun doesn't have this problem. The challenge for me is all the safeties. I am a left handed shooter; shooting a right handed gun. Has anyone had any problems like this? I love this gun other wise and I am not giving up, I know it has something to do with the way I am holding it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
xd 9mm

I recently purchased a xd 9mm, it ejected well, but shot to the left. I shot 2 other makes and caliber with no problem. Can these sights be adjusted easily?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have purchased the springfield xd 9mm becuase of the quality of the gun but most of all the grip. I shopped around for weeks checking out every gun shop and show in the around until I found the right fit. I've shot the gun several times and I am having a problem with it jaming the spent cartridge as it discharges. Everyone else who shoots the gun doesn't have this problem. The challenge for me is all the safeties. I am a left handed shooter; shooting a right handed gun. Has anyone had any problems like this? I love this gun other wise and I am not giving up, I know it has something to do with the way I am holding it.
The XD is nice as it has very little recoil but you still have to keep your wrists locked. You can't "limp wrist" it. Wrists should be locked elbows should be slightly bent.

Great gun. It's probably my favorite.

I recently purchased a xd 9mm, it ejected well, but shot to the left. I shot 2 other makes and caliber with no problem. Can these sights be adjusted easily?
You need to make sure you are squeezing the trigger straight back toward the front strap. If not you typically go 7-9 oclock. I like the trigger on the XD and maybe I'm one of the few but once you figure it out it's a great shooter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I really think this gun is a great value. I've shot many guns and have never had one that just fit, so to speak. Its a very quality made gun. I've never had any problems hitting the target and getting good groupings. I think I'ved read that the sites have to be adjusted by a gunsmith, but not sure about that. I hope to get to the range in a week so that I can test the gun again. Really enjoy shooting this one. Next purchase is going to be a lazer llight. Wish I had somewhere to shoot outside that wasn't a range, really want to try rapid firing this gun. Thats for your suggestions I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
sights

I will try a couple more times before getting a gunsmith involved. As it shoots right now I wish I had bought the Glock instead. I have never had any complaints with it being accurate.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The XD is nice as it has very little recoil but you still have to keep your wrists locked. You can't "limp wrist" it. Wrists should be locked elbows should be slightly bent.

Great gun. It's probably my favorite.
yea, if it's a problem no one else is having hold it tighter and you'll be fine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nosrac thanks for that website not only was it very interesting to read but it answered some additional questions I have. Added that one to my favorites. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seabee1984, I am happy to say that I just shot the gun again with no jams, though I am now shooting right handed, I am able to secure the safety better now not sure if that is practice or shooting right handed but it appears that the problem is done. I knew it wasn't the gun. I do not shoot reloads, have tried several brands of ammo and in the beginning was having the problem but took everyones advise and kept on working on my grip. Love the gun. Cleaning was never an issue as i am a neat freak, so that gun gets cleaned and oiled everytime its used. It was all me and not keeping an even grip; but I am happy to say that I think I've mastered it now. thanks so much for the tips

1 - 11 of 11 Posts