Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this website and this is also my first post. Are there any Springfield XD owners out there? I don't see much activity on this website unless I am just in the wrong section. If there are any owners out there I would love to speek with you all, I just recently bought mine last week and have read much, but I still have alot of questions. Please respond here or you can email me (go bottle [email protected]) or instant message me on AIM name which is also (go bottle go). Thanks so much, look forward to hearing from someone.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I know of at least two happy Springfield XD owners who will surely chime in when they come around. I don't have an XD, but have heard and seen nothing but good about them if they fit your specifications. Certainly a better gun and a better buy than the more expensive Glock, who though they came before the XD, have certainly been outdone.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Shot one at the range the other day. Don't know if they are as good. When I first saw it i thought it was a Glock because they look so similar.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
XD 40 mike...I'm one of the Springfield XD Sub Compact in 9mm owners here on G&G. Bought it last year and like it a lot. A few months later I tried to buy a laser red dot attachment which installs on the rail...but found the laser for the Sub Compact is not on the market...yet. Hopefully, it'll be out soon.

My main purpose in buying the Springfield XD Sub Compact was to use it for a CCW because of it's small size.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I think they are right on par with Glocks, this is another Ford vs Chevy discussion (you will never be able to convince one side that the other one is better than theirs). I own a XD40 4" model and love it so far. The only thing I don't like is that the take down lever can sratch the slide if your not carefull. I'm planning on having the metal parts on this pistol refinished to have it be like Sig's finish

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Glock was the first successful polymer framed pistol, and I'd consider it the standard to fail to meet or to rise above. In my opinion, XDs, Steyrs, and HKs have risen above Glock, while FN, S&W, and Ruger have fallen short. Taurus has been learning.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I agree with BRG3. Glock is the standard. Everybody else has had 20 years to benefit from their designs.
Right now I am sitting on the fence between a Glock 21 and an XD 40 5".

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
The Glocks to me are unergonomic, less strong by design (though thoroughly torture tested successfully), and more expensive than the XDs. It would be a no-brainer for me if I was willing to go without a manual safety. Since that particularly matters to me, though, I'd go with HK if I wanted a full size polymer pistol. For mid-size, the Steyr M40 is excellent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts