close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sprite Valley Railroad - first phase

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Huh? What?, Oct 10, 2017.

1. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Uuuuuummmmm, since your building that track in your yard what's going to happen to it when it's covered in snow ?...

On another note when I worked for Allied Van Lines we moved some people out of a house and the new owners into the same house and we enjoyed doing so because the house had a built-in HO train set. Just about every room in the house had vaulted ceilings and there were train tracks that ran around just about every room of the house complete with tunnels that went through the walls from one room to another. The track was completely landscaped with hills and passes and trees and people and cars and Wildlife and you name it it was there. I won't begin to guess how much money someone put into that train set but the way that I understand it from what the realtor told us it was one of the really cool selling points of the house, needless to say it's the only train set of its kind that I've seen around here. Everyone else just sets up really big train tables or puts a bigazz train layout in their attic or basement

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  2. Looking Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat. Only thing is you should put something softer than a big ol rock at the end of the line. Hee heee heeee

neophyte likes this.

3. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

I don't have to do anything with it. To start with, this is Arizona. Unless I lived in Flagstaff, snowfall is very short-lived. And this is G-Scale track. It's made to be outside in all sorts of weather. They even make snowplows for the track. Some run on track power, and some are battery-powered.

jwrauch, neophyte and gsbuickman like this.
  4. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    That's Hip, Slick and Terminally Cool!

neophyte, ncnascarlady and PAPA G like this.
  5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Expecting a snowy winter There in AZ.???:rolleyes:

neophyte likes this.
  6. Huh? What?

Redesign of the Sprite Valley RR.

[​IMG]

The s-curves go away The main line does a wide detour around the industrial area. A spur serves the Koobler Cookie Company (we're the other elves).To the right side are switches going to the track that serves town. That is primarily a street car track.

PAPA G, neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  7. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    I'm guessing the large black patch is the house. If so, this layout is going to be Gi-Huge-gantic when complete. Again, I can't wait to see the final set up.

PAPA G and neophyte like this.
  8. Huh? What?

The black thing is the Koobler Cookie Factory (They're the other elves.) They run a haunted cookie factory. Their motto is "You don't need to look in the boxes. They're just cookies. Trust us..."

9. Huh? What?

Of course, now I have to design and build a haunted cookie factory.

10. Just remember to get it approved by the building inspector. You do remember what happened the last time you built something for the yard... ;)

11. Huh? What?

Technically, the factory isn't in her jurisdiction. Just to be on the safe side, though, I threatened to withhold her bacon if she gave my gnome contractor any trouble.

12. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    Ahh, I should have read the caption better about the spur. Good deal.

PAPA G likes this.
  13. What's the bright red circle just to the left of the cookie factory?

PAPA G likes this.
  14. Huh? What?

15. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr G&G Enthusiast

Alaska
    I remember an old Lionel as I was a kid. One year we got a couple engines and an Oval track, over the next couple of years we got enough that we had two figure eights connected to about ten foot of straight and curved track with switches and spurs to boot. Man we had fun. Never knew what happened to them as I was second oldest and left state before the younger ones reached adulthood!

16. Huh? What?

The growing outskirts of Spriteville...

[​IMG]

17. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor