close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Squirrel Harvester

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

My father in law is looking for a suitable small game harvester...he has a single shot .22 & a .410 gauge but feels these are overbore for his neighborhood. Any thoughts ?:rolleyes: :fuss: :nod:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I bought a Crosman RM 577 that has more than enough power at 1,000 fps (1,250 supposedly for the first 250 shots) I took a rabbit with It tonight that was getting in the garden...Bam...lights out...no neighbors disturbed! Comes with a nice scope AND peep sights of high quality...$169.00 Nice polished wood stock too. .177 caliber.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2002

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Thank you NRAJoe...Kinda proud of it ain't they ? That costs more than a single shot .22lr or .410 gauge

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Really its cheap for a quality airgun bro! Have you priced a Beeman or an RWS? They have models that hit $500 and over! The Crosman is cheap for the quality. You can't tell it from a highpower cartridge rifle until you pick it up. Heavy too with no plastic whatsoever. Sorry to sound like a company spokesman but i'm really hard to please and i am PLEASED with this gun!

5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

My father in law won't spend that kind of money on an airgun

6. grizzly

grizzly G&G Newbie

I say go for the Daisy 880 powerline....taken many different kinds of game with one...:target:

7. mamandoli

mamandoli G&G Newbie

He should get a Gamo Hunter 220 or 440. I love those guns. I have a Hunter 220 myself, shot squirrels through the head and rabbits too. Two of my friends have 440's. They're pretty much the same. They each have 1000 f.p.s. They cost around $170 to $200. Scopes cost $50. Try looking at those guns. They're a great company and take care of any problems you have quickly.

:nod: :D