Squirrel Harvester

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

My father in law is looking for a suitable small game harvester...he has a single shot .22 & a .410 gauge but feels these are overbore for his neighborhood. Any thoughts ?:rolleyes: :fuss: :nod:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I bought a Crosman RM 577 that has more than enough power at 1,000 fps (1,250 supposedly for the first 250 shots) I took a rabbit with It tonight that was getting in the garden...Bam...lights out...no neighbors disturbed! Comes with a nice scope AND peep sights of high quality...$169.00 Nice polished wood stock too. .177 caliber.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2002

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Thank you NRAJoe...Kinda proud of it ain't they ? That costs more than a single shot .22lr or .410 gauge

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Really its cheap for a quality airgun bro! Have you priced a Beeman or an RWS? They have models that hit $500 and over! The Crosman is cheap for the quality. You can't tell it from a highpower cartridge rifle until you pick it up. Heavy too with no plastic whatsoever. Sorry to sound like a company spokesman but i'm really hard to please and i am PLEASED with this gun!

5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

My father in law won't spend that kind of money on an airgun

6. grizzly

grizzly Guest

I say go for the Daisy 880 powerline....taken many different kinds of game with one...:target:

7. mamandoli

mamandoli Guest

He should get a Gamo Hunter 220 or 440. I love those guns. I have a Hunter 220 myself, shot squirrels through the head and rabbits too. Two of my friends have 440's. They're pretty much the same. They each have 1000 f.p.s. They cost around $170 to $200. Scopes cost $50. Try looking at those guns. They're a great company and take care of any problems you have quickly.

:nod: :D