Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,148 Posts
Ii have two upper receivers I bought from Stag Arms. A few years ago they got raided by the ATF and shut down for a bit. I believe the owner was forced to sell the company. I cant remember exactly what happened but it was something to do with fully auto rifles they built. They had government contracts I remember and sold to the government. Something happened and I think the ATF got wind of it. Their sales declined ever since. Hope they stay afloat.

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Seems to be catching lately. Remington, Ruger, Weatherby, have pulled up stakes in other states too. Wyoming much better than California I would say. Praying that Remington will survive but I have doubts.
Wyoming is a very gun friendly state. No permits needed for open or concealed carry. We have Freedom Arms, Weatherby and others located here.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Seems to be catching lately. Remington, Ruger, Weatherby, have pulled up stakes in other states too. Wyoming much better than California I would say. Praying that Remington will survive but I have doubts.
I'm sure Remington will survive, but I would not be surprised if eventually "survives" under Japanese, Turkish or Chinese ownership.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I'm sure Remington will survive, but I would not be surprised if eventually "survives" under Japanese, Turkish or Chinese ownership.
Maybe so unfortunately Pale and quit making some of those clunkers. Heard they are dropping one of the pistols and that RM 380 has given some owners feeding problems. Some have had to add a Gallaway system which one should not have to do. Just make the old line and add the Model 788. Problem is the lousy bean counters.

·
Premium Member
10,148 Posts

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,281 Posts
'Bout time!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,973 Posts
Considering that the Peoples Democratic Republic of Connecticut is almost as gun-hostile as its neighboring states of New York and Massachusetts, this should not come as a surprise to anyone.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Reactions: jwrauch
1 - 20 of 25 Posts