close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Star names

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Star Model A - 9x25, barrel link (1911 type)
    Star Model A Super - 9x25, cam (P35 type)
    Star Model B - 9x19, barrel link (1911 type)
    Star Model B Super - 9x19, cam (P35 type)

2. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I thought you were talking about Alpha Centauri...I was looking forward to a lesson on Europa

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Proxima Centauri comes closer than Alpha or Beta Centauri. Europa is, of course, one of Jupiter's moons. For an interesting star system, check out 55 Cancrid. I wish scientists would quit making stupid, unwarranted assumptions. They are trying to greatly revise the planetary system formation model because several stars have been discovered with massive planets orbiting closely, much closer than the model predicts for the formation of gas giants. It does not occur to them that the planets may not be gas giants. Same thing with neutrino emissions from the sun. Neutrino levels, detected on Earth, are only about 2/3 of what the model of the sun predicts. However, the only measurements taken are from Earth, which lies on the ecliptic plane. It does not occur to physicists that neutrino emissions may not be uniform over the surface of the sun. It is an assumption on their part, so now the are still trying to figure out what is wrong with their calculations. If any of you know an astrophysicist, please forward this message. I hate it when smart people act stupid.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2002
  4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

heather locklear, marilyn monroe, jayne mansfield, jeri ryan, dolly parton they's stars too or was.

5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

6. Kyrie

Kyrie G&G Newbie

Hi Klaus,

To which we can add:

Model Super - 9x23, cam,
    Model A - 7.63 Mauser, barrel link
    Model S - 9 mm Corto, barrel link
    Model S Super - 9 mm Corto, cam
    Model SS - 9 mm Corto, barrel link

It’s interesting to note Star apparently abandoned the cam take down and returned to the removable slide stop serving as the slide and barrel retention device.

Also, and no offense intended, but note the ‘9x23’ rather than ‘9x25’. 9x25 would be the 9 mm Mauser Export :)

Warm regards,

Kyrie

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

OK, I could be wrong about the dimensions of the 9mm Largo round. I will take your word that it is 9x23.

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Just DO NOT get it mixed up with the 9x23 round that was chambered in some 1911A1s in an attempt to replicate the .357 Magnum round in that platform...talk about a recipe for disaster...can you say Excessive Chamber Pressure ?...I knew you could

9. dadsfreehold

dadsfreehold G&G Newbie

greetings, an add to list; model pd, model bm , m-28m , m-30m, m-30pk, m-31pk, firestar m40, m43, m-45, mega star 45. respt submitted dadsfreehold

10. Too late-- I am already mixed up.

11. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

What else is new alan?:p ;)

12. FireStar

FireStar G&G Newbie

Ahhhh Shucks.......

You guys make me feel so warm inside talking about my "Favor-Rite" pistol.......... STAR! (LOL)

13. It was a joke a joke a joke and another stupid post--thanks.