close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Star Super 9mm

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Just picked up a Star Super B 9mm. I think it used to be a Spanish police or military gun. It was $169. It looks like a 1911, but works more like a P-35. It seems well made, with real clean machining. Anyone know anything about these pistols? It was imported by CAI.

Attached Files:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Thought about getting one of these myself, tell me how it shoots.

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

My wife has one and she does great with it...I have only seen it fail to feed a few times...even with JHP and SWC ammo. She shoots at 25 yards and under and keeps them well inside the center part of a Q target...even rapid fire. The few tiems Ive shot it I was impressed it worked very well. Ive been kicking the Idea around about getting me one for IDPA since 9mm ammo is so cheep. Think extra mags are $10 from SOG..have not looked at holsters for it..but We are both left handed so for me and wifee poo holsters are always a pain to find.

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Holster

The Bianchi Accumold 7500, size 14 is a PERFECT fit, though a little pricey. Mine was $34.

Attached Files:

5. A "fobus" hard molded holster for a 1911 gov. fits these star modles. they sell for $15.00 to $30.00 left or right, belt or padleback style.

I have seen these in SOG and thought about ordering one how does it shoot?

6. GaryG

GaryG G&G Newbie

A great gun for the price. You can get a 9mmP barrel for the gun (from Federal?), but it's not a drop-in product and will take a bit of fitting. Replacement wooden stocks are also available and help to dress up the gun.

I've had mine for about 7 years now, don't shoot it as much as my Browning, but it's a good, reliable gun. I've got the replacement 9mmP barrel on mine, replacement stocks, and I've replaced the recoil spring.

I'm not too crazy about the sights or the trigger pull. Otherwise, an excellent buy. Good luck with yours.

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Gary, I am not sure what you are talking about. It IS a 9mm parabellum. In fact if you look at the photo, it is clearly stamped 9mm P.

8. GaryG

GaryG G&G Newbie

Oops - sorry, Klaus. The Spanish gov't used the 9mm Largo and your Star was (likely) originally chambered for this round. Looks like someone already changed the barrel to make it easier to sell in the USA. 9mmP ammo is reliable and dirt cheap nowadays. Good choice.

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Negative. All the Star Super B models were 9mm P as far as I can tell. It has the original barrel. Like I said in my last post, you can clearly see the 9mm P stamp on the slide if you take a close look at the photo. The original Super may have had a 9mm Largo version.

10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

ARGHHHHH! Just discovered the firing pin is broken. Anyone know a source for a new one, or should I have one of my machinist friends make me a new one?

11. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

tough break Klaus:eek: you can probably find a new pin at numrichs, but if you gotta friend with the skill and equiptment andwill do it for cheap do that. most parts houses want minimum orders of 25-50 dollars, so that makes things tougher still.:mad:

12. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Well, could order another magazine or two, also.

13. Kyrie

Kyrie G&G Newbie

Hi Klaus,

The Star model Super (“Modelo Superâ€￾) was indeed chambered for the 9x23 Largo cartridge. The Star Models B and B Super were chambered for the 9x19 Parabellum. I think what confused folks was the heading of your post: “Star Super 9mmâ€￾ - that strongly implies a Modelo Super in 9x23 Largo.

I hope this helps some.

Best regards,

Kyrie

14. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Great news! Jim Pruett, the proprieter of my local gun shop, let me exchange it for a nicer one. Can't wait to hit the range. This is the same Jim Pruett from the (in)famous Stevens & Pruett radio show.

15. Klaus: Maybe you could talk Mr. Pruett into joining this site. I'm sure his views will be very appreciated. And does he have a web site?

16. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Here is his URL. http://www.jimpruett.net/
    I will talk to him about joining. Heck, he may even sponsor. He is a great guy. He is a Nam Vet and has been around.

17. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

hey klaus!! yer buddys over at out casts are worried about you!!!

18. Thanks Klaus-- very cool place he has.

19. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I am having trouble with my ISP at home. I have been using a computer at work for this forum. I do not have the URL for outcasts, so I have not been visiting them lately.