Starbucks Will Provide All Transgender Surgeries for Employees Now

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by K75RT, Jun 19, 2019.

1. OMG when you thought it couldn't get any weirder....
    Starbucks has long been known for its liberal politics, but it’s drawing attention again after revealing how far the company is willing to go in the realm of activism and support for transexuals.
    On Monday, the coffee giant announced its decision to cover all surgical expenses for current and future transgender employees, according to The Hill.
    Since 2012, Starbucks has proclaimed great pride in funding the sometimes controversial gender reassignment surgery for its employees.
    Now, the company is expanding its coverage and opting to pay for several additional cosmetic procedures and services for transgendered employees o_O o_O
    link to story here http://www.hideoutnow.com/2019/06/starbucks-goes-overboard-on.html

2. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Their coffee is burnt, they make their macchiatos wrong, their politics are whacky, and their crap is overpriced.

I'll never understand how they got so popular.

There is a place in Atlanta called Five Points. It is where five roads meet. At one point in time there were different Starbucks on three of the corners - and all of them stayed busy.

neophyte, Dutch, rockman7 and 4 others like this.

3. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Hmmmmmmmmm............

I think I'm the victim of middle age induced sore body and undersexed syndrome.

Perhaps I'll quit and join starbucks and they'll pay for a cute female masseuse to attend to my malady.

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Even more reason I will never do business with Starbucks.
    Prices were bad enough. THIS is insane.

neophyte, Kaybe, Junction15 and 3 others like this.
  5. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Just remember that under Starbucks logic that "cute female" masseuse might be a ladyboy.

neophyte, TXplt, PAPA G and 1 other person like this.
  6. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE $HITTING ME???

neophyte, Gun Junkie, TXplt and 2 others like this.
  7. Nodpete

Nodpete G&G Evangelist

IL.
    I am proud to say that I've never given a cent to Starbucks, matter of fact, I've never set foot in one.

neophyte, Gun Junkie, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  8. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

NEUTERING YOUR SLAVES HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD STRATEGY! Keeps them loyal, and from running off!

9. Mister Dave

Mister Dave G&G Evangelist

Illinois
    I don't care how they waste money. I owned their stock once, but like their coffee it was giving me heartburn, so I sold it.

Starbucks has earned my apathy.

Out...... :usa2:

10. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

me too! not even in the airport.

neophyte, Nodpete, TXplt and 3 others like this.
  11. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

If I want a cup of coffee, the 7-11s and Wawas meet my needs just fine.

Interestingly, when I was in the Navy, my ship (a Nimitz class carrier) had a Starbucks in the starboard passageway by the aft mess deck (unpack all that you Army guys;)). A portion of S-5 division were sent to a local Starbucks to train on how to make the sissy drinks. The funny thing was, the regular coffee in the forward mess was Starbucks Pike's Peak roast (aft mess was Maxwell House original). And then, one of the guys in the division had a sweet connection with a gal in Supply dept. who gave us two bags of Starbucks coffee a week for our division coffee pot, which was one of those industrial rigs like you find in a restaurant.

I've drank the coffee from time to time and its really not very good (except the blonde roast - I think they call it Veranda blend). But I've seldom paid for it. My best buddy's wife used to work at Starbucks and we could swing by and get the coffee free. We car-pooled for a long while and if he was driving, this was a necessity.

As for the tranny thing. Well, if trannies make you uncomfortable, don't go to IHOP on third shift. Dad and I used to work nights at the same place and we got off early one time and stopped at the IHOP at about 4:30 or 5. The server was about 6'2" and maybe 145. The person was made up like a woman but when it spoke, the voice was clearly a dude:eek:

12. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist

Well look at it this way - at least they can't procreate once they lop off their tallywackers.

At least for half the problem anyways. The girl to boy wannabes are a different story.

neophyte, TXplt, Moroco Mole and 2 others like this.
  13. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I use to live in NJ. I went to the local WAWA for coffee...it was the best compared to other coffee sellers!:);):cool:

14. Big Dog

On my Navy ship, my division - ET and EW - had our own huge 80 cup coffee pot. We were close to Officer's Country, and many including the Captain liked our coffee.
    Mk.1 mod 0 Navy Coffee, could nearly float a steel spoon.
    I once made the ultimate sin..... I washed the coffee pot!
    It had a crust inside, had never been washed. New grounds were often added in over the prior day's.
    Seniorchief nearly keelhauled me, claiming I ruined the flavor! His white porcelain coffee cup was a crusty dark brown inside. A few weeks of brewing extra-strong coffee had it back up to Seniorchief's standards.
    Many years later, I tried Starbucks, as a coworker dragged me into one. Four bucks for that weak swill!? Never again.

neophyte, TXplt, Moroco Mole and 2 others like this.
  15. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

They've since instituted a cleaning regimen for the pots. Coffee was not available on the mess deck from about 1000 until lunch time, as that was when the pots were sanitized and they had to sit for a bit after the procedure. Obviously, that doesn't mean divisional pots were getting the same treatment. A coffee cup should never receive more than a rinse;) The folks at church put my coffee cup in the dishwasher once and I told them I was offended; the AF guy that was on the leadership council at the time understood.

16. redcaddy51

redcaddy51 G&G Evangelist

Through the many ships and shore stations of my Naval career, I'm sure I brewed (and drank) several tons of "Navy blend" Maxwell House coffee. Love it to this day. ( order it from a commercial coffee vendor )

In the early 70's, shipboard stainless steel, commercial style, steam driven urns were being replaced with Aluminum/electric ones, as a cost cutting device. They made horrible coffee, never properly "seasoned" and only lasted a year or so. Several times I had to look up the proper NSN and fight with the supply officer to reinstall the more traditional, and much higher quality, Steam jacketed pots. They still make the best midwatch coffee in the nautical world. It's all about the proper stripping temperature. (light film of diesel fuel optional, for the hole snipes)

On one memorable WESTPAC deployment, a new Captain (Mormon) ordered the Supply Officer to procure only decaf coffee for the deployment load out. On the 14 day run from Pearl Harbor to Subic Bay, we had a full fledged mutiny on board, when the good stuff ran out. Funny now, then, not so much... (Oh yea, the skipper was a democrat too. He was relieved early and reassigned to the pentagon, for his own safety.)

Paul

17. Big Dog

I never could what the hullaballoo is about these designer coffees. I prefer basic store brands - Folgers, Maxwell House, etc. Just not a coffee snob.

neophyte, Huey Rider and PAPA G like this.
  18. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Starbucks is an Ultraliberal company. They will subjugate nature. But what about a needed heart surgery or kidney transplant? :rolleyes:

19. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

I have been to Starbucks once in my life many years ago. It was way overpriced and it wasn't very good.

jwrauch, neophyte, shanebrews and 2 others like this.
  20. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    If I were a stock holder, I'd be upset. Footing there bill for elective cosmetic surgeries can't be good for the bottom line.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019