close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

State of IL Dept. of Veterans Affairs

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jerry, Aug 22, 2002.

1. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I'm slowly working my way out of the site here. Decided to get my old life back:) (get off the box and do things) Besides I can get my butt chewed on every day from my customers;)

I'd like to share the ocasional information I find that may help someone, so here it is~~~~

Fill out this form and send it to Springfield (If your an Illinois vet)
    & recieve $100 from the state. This is what I'm told, I don't know why, but I'm going to send it in and see what happens.

I don't have a way to get the form up so I'll give the adress.

Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs
    PO Box 19432
    833 S. Spring St.
    Springfield, IL 62794-9432

Form # IL497-0473 Revised 6/98

May be able to find it on the IL GOV site?

Have a good one,
    See ya in the funny papers!

2. Jerry,

I, for one, would hate to see you leave...whether it be today...next week...next month.

I enjoy your posts and your willingness to stick up for yourself. I see intelligence in a person who doesn't flaunt it.

Every walk of life (and the people in it)....be it work.....a forum....this forum.......church.......family.......friends......bar.......
    social clubs, etc. always has at least one person who, in their approach gives the attitude he/she has done it all, done it better, has it all, seen it all, knows it all, read every book published, etc. and are so insecure that they carry that pedestal around with them.

I realized that no one is, or ever will be, an expert, since the word expert implies there is nothing for that person to learn and we all know that is not correct. And I also learned a long time ago that someone who is more knowledgable will share their views, information and etc. but will not force it on you.

I, too, have had my butt chewed and treated like I know absolutely nothing and have given serious thoughts to moving on down the line too, but, I step back into reality and the real world and take it in stride and wish you would too.

Come to think about it, after this post to you I will probably be asked, or forced, on down the road, lol. If so, so be it. I say what I think needs to be said and I sometimes say what few others will.

Hang in there. You, and many, many others, have a lot of valuable information to share. ^5

Last edited: Aug 22, 2002

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Thanks for the words of wisdom Dale. I got thinking about Chris's post about there being more to life than a computer. I usually spend 30-40 minutes (sometimes more) an evening kicking around on the PC. Last night I took a ride out to the strip mines to pick up my boat, sat around in my chair with my daughter on my lap, actually spoke to the wife. It was pretty interesting. I allways said I wouldn't make a big deal of leaving and be dramitic about it as some have. Guess I had good intentions. Isn't that what some road is paved with?
    I feel that I'm just cutting down my time here while on a high note. You know, I actually got a little PO'd once. I had to sit back and think, this is just a computer with some people, albeit interesting and well meaning that I will probably never meet. This was a good ride & I'll visit every now and then for sure.

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Man Jerry sometimes I spend hours on this cyber idiot box and wonder what the h*ll I'm doing on here too! Once I hit that 2,000 post mark I'll probably step back a little also. Keep in touch bud I've enjoyed talking to you. I know some on here can get a little abrasive and can't take a joke but don't let them get to you. :cheer: :wave:

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

sorry to see you feel that way, though i understand the reasons. since i don't have much to do or real world friends all you cyber-space junkies help me maintain perspectives, and keep me from going off the deep end, just reading post with out responding helps. but feel free to drop in, we are here for you!!!:cool:

6. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

Sorry to see you go Jerry. I hope I was not a contributing factor to your leaving. Let us know what the real world is like. Take care for now. Come back soon.

7. NRAJOE

You'll always be a bud to me PAPA G, anyone from Kentucky can't be bad. I lived in Radcliff for 4 yrs and my wifes whole family is from Kentucky...I only drink Jim Beam whiskey, not that crap from Tennessee! :D

8. PAPA G

NRAJOE i am not from KY i am a refugee from the PEOPLES PARADISE of NJ!!! been here 7 years and liking it!!! so as a transplant to "Guntucky" am i still a bud???: :eek: :D

9. NRAJOE

Sure ya are, I was transplanted then uprooted myself again and have regretted it ever since. :(

10. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Jerry,don't be a stranger,and don't get too much sun. As for the rest of you guys,I'm proud to call you my friends.

11. NRAJOE

Ditto man, ditto!

12. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

jerry this a chat forum i will never know you, you will never know me, post anything you want I will read it, as well as everyone here, dont get po'd at a stupid forum, this is virtual chat, I havent seen any one here that I would not call friend, and that goes for you, I like your posts, and your wisdom

13. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

hey, knows there's a thought, how about a guns and games meeting in vegas, where we could meet each other, and blast everyone face to face

14. NRAJOE

Now that would be a real roll of the dice! ;)

15. PAPA G

as my old first sgt. gathers once said refering to a traveling carnival that set up on post," the only reason thems peoples are there is to take yo' money.":rolleyes:

16. More like Roulette. Jerry I have enjoyed your posts and hate to see you cut back. Best wishes to you and your family.