Steelhead run in Northern Minnesota

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by killer, May 8, 2008.

1. killer

killer G&G Newbie

This was my second annual trip guys. Four of our party of six cancelled due to the forecast of rain so it was just me and my neice. I was having second thoughts as I listened to the rain come down in sheets on the tin roof of the cabin friday night. The roof even leaked in spots.

Sunrise broke clear and windy and it was a sloppy 1.5 mile ride on the ATV down to the Split Rock River but quite spectacular when we got there. I had a new fishing backpack lashed to the front of the ATV with all my gear and it worked slick. (see pic)

We had no bites on the Split Rock and the next day I might have had a couple of hits on the Beaver River with my salmon bags but I never felt it...they were void of eggs when I reeled in (I had plenty of snags in Split Rock and never lost my eggs) One guy was getting fish at the Gooseberry. Here's some of the pic highlights guys.

Split Rock River:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Beaver River:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gooseberry River:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of a Steelhead from last year just so you know what our prey was:
    [​IMG]

2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

opportunity

killer: Sir; beautiful country and thanks for sharing.:) One day I hope to have an opportunity for such an outing.:)