close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stevens model 325A

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by troy h, Jun 4, 2002.

1. I've got a Stevens 325A made by the Savage Arms Corp. and I need to take down the bolt for cleaning. Can anyone get me started in the direction? Thanks, Troy

2. savageT

savageT G&G Newbie

Troy,

Pulling back the trigger, as you open/pull back on the bolt, should release the bolt from the receiver.

3. Thanks for the post savageT. I've got the bolt out of the receiver now I need to take the bolt apart for cleaning. The extractor looks alot like a Mauser but the rest of the bolt looks pretty alien to me. Any hints? Thanks again for the post.
    Troy

4. savageT

savageT G&G Newbie

Troy,

I can't help you on bolt dis-assembly, sorry. Try going to <savage99.com> and check out the data sheet info available (savage made the same gun. Order #5512 $4.00 pls S&H). Personnally, I'd settle for cleaning with WD-40. or Ballistol, the choice is yours. Hope this helps!

JimT

5. savparts

savparts G&G Newbie

Is your 325A in 30/30? the extractor should be clamp over the bolt head type. Parts are available, as for step by step TD of it. They are a few book by the NRA and other with that information

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Savparts, seems like you're giving your "way back machine" a good workout.

Troy, if you're still around, you need the book "Firearms Assembly/Disassembly, Part IV Centerfire Rifles by J. B. Wood, a Gun Digest book. It has a good breakdown on the Savage 340, including the bolt.

My 340 is in .30-30, and I'm looking around now for a .22 Hornet and maybe even the .222. Saw a few awhile back on Guns America, but had cashflow problems then. The 340/325 is a good little rifle, very underappreciated these days.

7. savparts

savparts G&G Newbie

The 22 Hornets and 222 are not so easy to find, most folks are keeping them, however, if you go to Gun Broker or to Auction Arms you may find one or two for sale, but not CHEAP over $300.00 has been the selling price