Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Stevens 325A made by the Savage Arms Corp. and I need to take down the bolt for cleaning. Can anyone get me started in the direction? Thanks, Troy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post savageT. I've got the bolt out of the receiver now I need to take the bolt apart for cleaning. The extractor looks alot like a Mauser but the rest of the bolt looks pretty alien to me. Any hints? Thanks again for the post.
Troy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Troy,

I can't help you on bolt dis-assembly, sorry. Try going to <savage99.com> and check out the data sheet info available (savage made the same gun. Order #5512 $4.00 pls S&H). Personnally, I'd settle for cleaning with WD-40. or Ballistol, the choice is yours. Hope this helps!

JimT

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is your 325A in 30/30? the extractor should be clamp over the bolt head type. Parts are available, as for step by step TD of it. They are a few book by the NRA and other with that information

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
35,663 Posts
Savparts, seems like you're giving your "way back machine" a good workout.

Troy, if you're still around, you need the book "Firearms Assembly/Disassembly, Part IV Centerfire Rifles by J. B. Wood, a Gun Digest book. It has a good breakdown on the Savage 340, including the bolt.

My 340 is in .30-30, and I'm looking around now for a .22 Hornet and maybe even the .222. Saw a few awhile back on Guns America, but had cashflow problems then. The 340/325 is a good little rifle, very underappreciated these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts