Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Stevens 258A 20 gage bolt action

I bought this shotgun from J&G sales for $43 had missing mag and missing toe of butt plate, a parts order from Numrich fixed it all, darn 1 round mag cost me $24.

Has full choke uses only 2.3/4" ctg's and seems now days you can only get steel shot in these parts or NW Arctic Alaska.
So having one round in the chamber + one in the single shot mag I have a 2shot boltaction.

I guess I should my folks ship me my old 311 its a 12ga with Tennite stocks I bought for $100 in Cheyenne WY at the Cheyenne tradeing post.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
bought a 311R as my HD gun back in the early 80's. bought a bunch more guns sinces then, but the 311 is still nearest at hand. it ALWAYS goes bang.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Steven's Model 77F, 20 gauge, 3" chamber. 4+1. Action slick as ice. I love it. Only thing I can complain about is not being able to shoot it enough! haha.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got and have had several Stevens shotguns. The first shotgun I ever owned was a single shot bolt action .410. I've still got a Stevens 94F, single, break open .410 that my wife gave me in 1968. I've got a 67 series E pump 12 ga. that I got in a trade in the mid '80s. I also have a 258a bolt .20 ga. that I just refinished a few weeks ago. And I have a 311 h sxs .20 ga. All have been excellent firearms. I DO have a problem with the 67 pump that I just haven't got around to see about. Sometimes the slide/pump won't release after a shot is fired unless you press the release. This normal if the magazine is empty; but this also happens with shells in the mag. I have owned several other Stevens shotguns and rifles and never had any trouble with them. This is my first post and I'm not sure about attaching pictures. I'll try to post some in a few days. I have quite a few!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I shot sporting clays this weekend with a friend who was shooting a 12 vent rib engraved stevens 77, but marked with a store brand name that I can't recall at the moment. He likes it better than his 870 wingmaster. (I don't, but he does.)

My sister has a 20 ga model 67 or 77 (basically the same) and I have never known it to give her any trouble. Mostly she shoots clays with it, so she probably puts a couple hundred rounds a year through it. Not a pretty gun, but it always works.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Savage/Stevens firearms that I own

Here are some pics of the Savage/Stevens guns that I own at present. The 20 gauge bolt 258a is the one that I refinished a few weeks ago and at the same time, I reblued the barrel on the 94F model 410. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
311 20ga Nice gun. Has had a few mis fires here and there, not striking primer hard enough. May be from my reloads. Primers too hard or seated too deep. I don't let it bother me, does not happen often, just pull the other trigger. I like 2 triggers. Good for squirell when using shot gun, can instantly choose between full or mod choke.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Have 2 of them and they are great!!!

One is a 77 with a 28" barrel and adjustable choke.

Have another 67 with a sawed off barrel and it takes 3" mag. Its my fun gun! Its the gun that i run my 00 and dragons breath rounds through because I dont really care about the barrel quality. Hell its a sawed off ;)

Got both at a gunshow in Omaha for $175 2 years ago and it was worth every penny. Ran probably 400 rounds through both of them and they function top notch!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i have a single shot model 94 in 410 and i have a 320 pump 12ga and they are excellent guns

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I guess I should my folks ship me my old 311 its a 12ga with Tennite stocks I bought for $100 in Cheyenne WY at the Cheyenne tradeing post.
You should take the tenite off and replace them with wood. Put the tenite up in a dark cool place cuz if it's not broke yet it will be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first new gun in 1961 was a stevens 77 in 12 g 23/4, still have it but haven't used it for years though my brother used it to shoot at the foxes on his farm when they tried to get amongst his hens.
I shot most things with it duck, pigeons, furred stuff and foxes. Used to use W-W short magnums reckon they trimmed my teeth by quite a bit.
Because i dry fired it a lot I broke a couple of firing pins but a letter to the factory (from the UK) resulted in them sending me one FOC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stevens Model 336

I have a Stevens double barrel 12 gauge Model 336, Patented March 16,
1907. It still fires beautifully although 105 years old and fairly plain. It is a
user's shotgun, not for display but it is still in great shape. I have no idea
its value though.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I bought this shotgun from J&G sales for $43 had missing mag and missing toe of butt plate, a parts order from Numrich fixed it all, darn 1 round mag cost me $24.

Has full choke uses only 2.3/4" ctg's and seems now days you can only get steel shot in these parts or NW Arctic Alaska.
So having one round in the chamber + one in the single shot mag I have a 2shot boltaction.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have Savage/Stevens mod 350 12 ga. which is a Ithica 37 clone bought in 2016 and has been a good shotgun.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts