close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steyr Gb 9mm Pistol

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by Cyrano, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Being that I have to contend with the evil Patacki Gun Law here in New York, I am always on the lookout for pistols that can beat the 10 round magazine restriction. For those who live in states with sane gun laws, here is what I mean.

When George Patacki, may he burn in hell after he fries here, signed the Slick Willy Gun Ban into New York law without an expiration date, the gun owners' fairy godmother was able to do one amelioration. A grandfather clause was written into the part of the law dealing with magazine capacity. If a gun magazine was manufactured prior to September 13, 1994, the day the law was signed, it's still legal here for ordinary citizens to own. Which brings me to the question.

I've been reading about the Steyr Gb pistol. They are 19+1 pistols. They seem to be respectable pistols, considering they competed in the US Army Pistol Competition to replace the M1911A1 that was finally won by the Beretta 92FS. Apparently not all that many of them were produced, but they are available. And production on them ceased before 1994, so they are completely legal under the Patacki Gun Law.

But before I start saving my pennies and go to the trouble of locating one, I'd like to know if anyone here owns one or has fired one, and what they think about it. All input will be gratefully received.

2. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist

NW PA
    cyrano

i think my uncle has one not 100% sure. if it that pistol i have shot his and it was a nice gun. but its been a few years.

3. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

Retarded gas blowback. Sparrow accurate at over 50 yrds. magazines cost a ton.

Knew aguy who collected anything Stery. He had two of those .223 bullpups back in '82. I think he still has the Stery VG-1 his dad brought home. He also had a WW2 pistol made of folded sheet metal. He used to show this stuff in Las Vegas and Reno. I could ask him if he has any extra magazines or a whole unit when you go looking. If he is still alive. LOL! I would like to have one of their .308 target sharpshooter rifles.