Steyr M#95 Nazi Marked Clips for $6

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by rando, Oct 3, 2010.

1. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I went to a large outdoor flea market today and found 4 clips for the steyr 95 carbine on a table. The clips were bought originally with the bullets and two clips in a box. The man selling them didnt know anything about them and thought they were M1 clips. So he threw away the boxes and kept the bullets as he wasn,t sure if you could sell bullets at the flea market. He wanted $5 each and ended up selling all four of them to me for $6 Do you think I got a good deal on them. I wish I had the bullets with them.

Attached Files:

2. A very good deal as long as you have a M95 to use them with.
    I was looking for 6.5 Carcano clips today at the gun show but couldnt find any.

3. rando

Yes Capt. I have only one M95 and bought it several months ago. I needed some clips though. The last show I went to had the 6.5 Carcano clips. Thats what I like about the gun shows, you never know what you will see or find. Hope you come across some. One day I want to purchase a Carcano.

4. rando

Capt'n Mil Coll-- I just was looking around on some websites and came across The 6.5 Carcano clips at Buffalo Arms Co. They are $8 each or 5 for$38. Phone # is 208 263-6953. Im not sure if this will help you out.

5. frenchy

frenchy G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

6. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

7. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

8. bobvonb

bobvonb G&G Evangelist

yup, it was a good buy. I'm always trying to acquire more M95 clips too.

9. gandog56

Why? I know you have one less M95......(GRIN)

10. gandog56

11. matt760

matt760 G&G Enthusiast

I bought a box of 10 rds at a show a couple months ago just for the clips. I think I paid $10 for it. I don't shoot surplus in mine, only reloads, but they are good to have incase I run out of bullets or something.

12. gandog56

I've never shot anything but my reloads out of either of my Steyrs.

13. I bought 150 rounds of 8x56 mm ball ammo packed in 30 Nazi marked en bloc clips from Sportsman's Guide 6-7 years ago. I still have them all packed in a steel ammo box. That is all the ammo I have for my Austrian Steyr (Stutzen) carbine right now. I will have to get a lot more before I shoot any of it.

14. frenchy

frenchy G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

PP is good stuff Buddy an you never know when they will sell out,

Our Catalog
    frenchy

15. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Sure wish I had bought up a bunch of that "goofy-looking surplus crap" back when there were .50 cal ammo cans full at the gun shows years ago. Back then they couldn't hardly give it away because there weren't many guns in the U.S....

16. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I found some at Numrich late last year for about $6 each. Five were Nazi marked and one had an O & R in a circle which I'd like to find out more about.

Attached Files:

17. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Picked up this M95/34 for fifty bucks Friday. No bayonet,box or literature though.

Attached Files:

18. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Nice score, Para!

19. gandog56

So, I was cruising another gun forum (Yes Virginia, there ARE other gun forums out there) and a guy was wanting to dump some Steyr M95 ammo because he just sold his Steyr. It was 50 rounds and he wanted 50 bucks shipped for them. So I said sure, send them here. They are all marked 1938, the headstamps all have Nazi markings, and they are all packed in clips with Nazi marks.

I think 50 rounds in 10 clips for vintage Nazi stuff was a pretty good deal.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012