Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Howdy from Ohio. I have a Steyer M40-A1. Shoots like a dream, handles well and IMHO shoots better than a Glock. Read somewhere that the head designer was part of the Glock Team but they didn't appreciate his talent. Went to Steyer and designed the M-series platform. Unfortunately for us they no longer import the weapon. Hope that changes at some point.

John

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey winnemuccajohn actually i discovered that steyr announced as of june 2010 they have began importing again but very difficult to find may i ask what you paid??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Steyer M1 40 cal

hey winnemuccajohn actually i discovered that steyr announced as of june 2010 they have began importing again but very difficult to find may i ask what you paid??
I can't remember the exact price but it was in the $400 range. Bought it at Bass Pro in St Louis roughly two years ago. Glad to hear that the import door opened. I would like to get a 9mm and a 357 so I have a set.

Good shooting,

john

·
Premium Member
3,837 Posts
kinda i found a used one that looked new other that a few scuff's but the barrel was good had a good gunsmith look at it and he said that if i didnt buy it he would. so i put it on layaway picking up as soon a the tax check get here. they were asking 350 with the factory box a 2 mags.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Steyr m 40

does anybody out there have one of these i am looking into getting a 9mm one any oppinions
I own 2 of the first generation m 40 they are a fine pistol of course they come in different calibers I do prefer the 40 IF I NEED you stopped It will stop you right now... So the steyr 9mm is a great CCW also It is also about personal choice.

·
Premium Member
3,837 Posts
i have shot my m40A1 and i love it. very nice gun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts