Steyr M40

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Sep 23, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I've seen them advertised, picked one up, and am considering making it my first pistol and CCW. Never fired a 40 cal though, neither have I fired a polymer framed pistol.
    Has anyone fired one of these, or better yet, owned one?
    What I like most about them is the low barrel profile. The presence of a manual safety is nice, but it seems a little difficult to activate. Another good factor is their simplicity.
    They didn't have the underbarrel Weaver rail for mounting accessories, but there were two notches that looked like they may be intended for mounting something.

I'd also be interested in an extended and threaded barrel, or a conversion to 357 Sig (preferably a threaded conversion barrel so I could see the dfifference).

2. mrjeff2063

mrjeff2063 Guest

steyr m 40

hi , i have two of them . they are a great gun to shoot. lightweight also check out this page, http://steyrclub.com enjoy. any ?? send back a message.

3. Pred

Pred Guest

Holy dead thread Batman!!!

4. utahvarminter

utahvarminter Guest

I wouldn't go with a .40 jsut because it's a .40, but that's me...
    you can never go wrong with with a Glock 36. It's a Sub compact, slimline, .45 ACP devil. BOO YAH.

5. BattleRifleG3

Yeah, tell me about it! I bought one on a leap of faith and am now probably the premier Steyr M40 evangelist on this forum.

6. baander

baander Guest

7. myarmor

myarmor G&G Newbie

No doubt! 4years? Oh well, never say no one didn't help :D

8. BattleRifleG3

9. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I looked around different shooting/firearms forums on the M40.

Quickly searching a few other web forums brings up an extracting problem with the M40.
    Anyone have any similar incidents?

Also anyone have any expirience with the newer M-A1 series?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  10. BattleRifleG3

NEVER had ANY extraction problems. In fact NO problems of any sort, and I have used every brass and nickel cased ammo available. Only thing I haven't used is steel.

11. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

well thats good to know thanks for the reply.:uzi:

12. Muppet Assassin

Muppet Assassin Guest

I know some forums don't like to re-birth old threads but I found this one while searching for info before buying my first M40. I just wanted to thank all the replies in here for the info on it and I did purchase it unfired 2 10 round mags a box of hydro shocks $479.00 I love this weapon better than my sig 220. Again thanks for the most helpful info.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  13. RSheppard146

RSheppard146 G&G Newbie

I own two also excellent gun for defense you can purchase rail mount adapters at steyr home page for $99.00