Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a Steyr M95 long rifle several weeks ago at the local gun shop . I see many of the short carbines and understand that most of the long rifles were cut down and made into the carbines during the war because of easier to cary and handle. The owner of the shop said that a guy came in selling alot of milsurps that belonged to his dad. I haven,t seen many of these so picked it up. It still needs a good cleaning and has cosmoline in the bore still. I found some more ammo and clips at the last gun show for it also. I took pics of it with my carbine to show the length difference also.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it. How's the bore?
The rifling looks good Bob but its dark. I haven,t taken time to clean it yet. The complete rifle meeds to be dissasembled and a good cleaning. I removed the bolt and checked the bore before I considered buying it.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Good going Randy, their hard to find and are priced really high, i see the 8x50 ammo often which is always nice.

I've also noticed the Carbine price is whacked, it's all over the place..$139 here, $199 there, i even see them $279 and up!!....crazy. Couple ah yrs ago i bought my #'s matching, great bore, metal and wood local for $99 and i saw them on many web sites for the same price.
frenchy

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Great looking Steyr Model 95 service rifle. I never could find one. I did get a Stutzen (modified) carbine in really great condition including bore. I also picked up 200 rounds of Nazi marked Steyr 8x56 ammo in en bloc chargers like yours. I haven't shot it yet.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Is that the original 8X50R caliber or the 8X56R conversion?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts