close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

STG-58 price....

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AR-tim, Apr 6, 2002.

1. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    I saw an STG-58(Austrian parts kit) with an Imbel reciever at a gun show for $750. Is that a good price? It is pretty clean and comes with the bi-pod, 1 magazine, and has a flash-suppressor on it. I might go back tomorrow and buy it(hopefully can use my SKS as a partial trade). Can anyone tell me if that is a fair price or not? I fell in love at first sight because its all I would want an FN-FAL to be......Thanks...Hopefully I get some responses by tomorrow.

-Tim:assult:

2. Offer $500 cash. Is it from an individual or a dealer. Someone did invested at least $450 into it. $750 is not uncommon. I found one day a man selling his DSA FAL for $850, He had over $1000 into it. Check Shotgun News for comparisons. Have fun. More exciteing than the sks's or ak's, bigger boooooM! :cool:

3. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Get that FAL, the STG-58 kits are tops and so is the Imbel reciever. I love mine! Mine has the muzzlebreak that looks like a flashider. I got it (muzzlebreak) from TAPCO. It also has the military bipod. I have a SUIT scope I hope to install.

4. MikeC

MikeC G&G Newbie

AR-tim, I have heard that the 'dealer" price on the DSA STG-58a's is $799.

5. Well did you get it? Saw one at the gun show in Houston today, the dealer wanted 600 and some change. Oh yeah, it was made from a G-1 Parts kit and a Hesse reciever. Im gonna order my G-1 kit next week.

6. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I passed on a Hesse reciever. I heard they were way out of spec. Arizona Response Systems will not even use one on an FAL project. They suggest DSA or Imbel. I don't know how the G1 kits compare to the STG-58 kits but they get a lot of attention over at the FAL files so thy must be OK.

7. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    Didn't get it but I got the guys number, and it turns out he's from a small town about 10 miles west of where I live (so I can always sneek out there and buy it). He would only go down to $725 and didn't want my sks for partial trade. If he would have accepted my $700 cash it would be home right now but oh well. There is another gun show in a different city in two weeks so maybe I can find one there. We'll see I guess. A Glock 17 and a Romanian Nagant M-44 are enough guns to buy in one weekend(well, not really!).

-Tim