Sticky ammo?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by stitchclimber, May 9, 2008.

1. I just got a couple hundred .223 from a guy in exchange for some old tires and rims I've had in yard for a couple of years. Anyway, when I got it from him he had wraped the ammo with packing tape in groups of ten.

Any good ideas on how to clean off the tape residue, without damage the ammo?

2. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

Easy: Get a couple boxes of rubbing alcohol pads and it will rub off easily. The alcohol will evaporate, and you are good to go.

3. someone my dad got his ruger 44 magnum deer carbine from put this god awful camo duct tape all over it

we thought maybe the stock was cracked (which wouldnt have been a big deal, the guy gave us a super deal on it) so we peeled off the disgusting stuff.....the stock (aside from the tape residue) was pristine and pretty as all get out

we tried rubbing alcohol first.....not so good.....the best we found....baby oil on some cotton swabs.......i dont know why, then we used paper towels to wipe it off, came off with it

4. I find the best thing to get tape residue off anything is this spray stuff call Goo-Gone, i got some from Wal-Mart. Works great.

:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  5. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Guest

Brake cleaner, I use it for everything from gun cleaning to final engine assy. parts cleaning.

6. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    It's called Goof Off. Cleans everything and doesn't harm the finish.

7. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

Goof Off is good.

Alcohol doesn't remove Duct Tape residue too easily. But it does work pretty good on Packaging Tape residue.

8. Good, my main concern was not harming the finish on the ammo.

lighter fluid took care of most of it.

Last edited: May 9, 2008