Stimulus Check for an Unexpected Find

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AnaxImperator, May 10, 2008.

1. AnaxImperator

AnaxImperator Guest

I went to my favorite gun-dealer yesterday to pick up some 7.62x39 for this weekend's shootin'. On my rounds in the store, I quickly browsed the used-pistol cabinet. At first, all I saw was a few Beretta 92s, Glocks, and SIGs. None caught my interest or were in my price range.

I turned to leave, but something made me go back and look closer at what lay in the bottom of the case. And lo! There lay a pristine Norinco M213 in 9mm Para. Not only was it in wonderful shape, but it was wonderfully priced, well below the other used pistols on sale.

Some other customers had come up and were browsing the case, so I loudly called dibs (they ho-hummed at my selection) and practically ran to get the attentions of a store employee. I slammed down the $40 I had in my pocket for layaway, and hurried off to scrape up the remaining funds.

It must be an early import, as it doesn't have a typical stamping from any importers I'm familiar with. It also doesn't have the add-on abortion (safety) behind the trigger that my Polish TT-33 has. I much prefer the small lever underneath the hammer on this Norinco.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It only came with one magazine, but I found a clearance Bianchi holster for it, and picked up some Federal HydraShoks, JSPs, & BlazerCCI FMJs as well.

Didn't get any 7.62x39s either. :09:

2. I've never played with any of the Toks, but always been interested. lol Beautiful pistol you got there! If she shoots even half as good as she looks, you'll be in good business! Good luck, and be sure to give us a range report! Have fun...

3. JohnBlaze

JohnBlaze Guest

nice! what was your total price?

4. AnaxImperator

AnaxImperator Guest

I paid $170. As a comparison, the old worn-out Beretta 92s were at least $300. :)

Even though it was sold as used, and it didn't come with a holster, extra mag, or cleaning rod/kit; I don't think it was ever fired. Closely inspecting the bore and slide, I could find absolutely no evidence of firing residue. There's some scratches on the frame from the slide-stop, likely from when the previous owner field-stripped and reassembled it. But aside from that, I figure that it was pretty much a safe-queen.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  5. Nice find. Looks real good. Look forward to the range report as well.

6. AnaxImperator

AnaxImperator Guest

I put 108 rounds through it today, and it never failed to fire, feed, or extract a mixture of brass & aluminum-cased FMJs, JSPs, and HPs. Even with the rear sight being visibly offset to the left, it still shot center on my point-of-aim. Each shot was easy to recover from for quick & accurate double-taps. I found that because it exhibits the Tokarev tendancy to naturally shoot low, each double struck the gut/ticker at 50yds without difficulty. Closer up it would be simple to make heart/head double-taps with practice.
    Others at the range who I let fire the M213 were also pleased and impressed with it's comfort, reliability, aesthetics, & value. The only criticisims it encountered was that it holds no more than 8+1 rounds, is single-action, and the safety is backwards. Otherwise, the fellows who shot it agreed that it was an excellent gun-shop score, and that it makes for a decent SD piece.

This Norinco is a pleasure to shoot, and further solidified my affinity for the TT-33 design. Until I come across a bargain-priced .40 or .45 H&K, Sig, or .357 S&W; my M213 will serve me well, and with confidence as my defense against two & four-legged predators. I don't think I could do worse than a 9mm TT loaded with quality hollow-points.

7. saskgunowner101

saskgunowner101 Guest

A fair size shipment of these pistols just arrived recently up here in Canada. Found out about them on another forum. I kid you not, new, not surplus, going for $99. With two magazines. Quite a few people jumped all over them.

8. Nice find! Nice price!