close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stock pressure on barrel???

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by keppler, Aug 26, 2002.

1. keppler

keppler G&G Newbie

I been trying to get my 10/22 to shoot better...again. I was thinking...luckly thats not a habit of mine.....when I bought the gun and did a few slight mods to it, I started shooting it with the factory stock. Then I added a Kimber walnut stock that floated the barrel. This is the deluxe 10/22 with the 22" barrel... not the standard carbine type with the barrel band. Anyway, since I changed stocks the grouping has gone to pot.....maybe 2" at 50 yards on a good day. Now I get to thinking that maybe the stock is supposed to help support the barrel so I look at the factory stock and sure enough...there is a spot that looks like the barrel acually rested on it. Just a small spot near the end while it seems the rest of the barrel is floated. Does any of this make any sense or am I just ramblin?

From everything I've read...the barell should be floated for accuracy. But is this true on all guns? Any ideas will be appreciated.:confused:

2. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

The 10/22 only has one mounting point that is where the screw is,there is the back of the trigger houseing but it does not do much to help.With the barrel free floated the reciver and barrel can move,The best fix I know of is a bughole tuner (I think that is right) you can get one at www.bughole.com

3. keppler

keppler G&G Newbie

Thanks Rock, I think that may help my problem. Have you tried one? I'll post the results as soon as I get a chance to get one and install it. Thanks again.

4. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

No Keppler I have not tryed one yet my 10/22 is still stock, Did put something like it on my #1 BIG difference...Glad I could help....