Stock Question

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SwedeSteve, May 18, 2008.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Does anyone know what rifle this stock fits? Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a 1903 Springfield sporterized "scant-grip stock" to me. At least from this angle it does. It has what appears to be a 1903A3 stamped trigger guard and looks to have the notch for the magazine cut off. The grip isn't a full c-grip.

Last edited: May 18, 2008

3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Thanks jim! I though so too, but I thought I'd get a second opinion! Buttplate was a clue but hey, you never know. Too bad it is sporterized!

4. Yeah but it looks nice. now you need to get with Rich and build an '03 sporter. I had one (you will here me say it every time the subject comes up) and I want it back. You wont be sorry it is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. I was going to restore it until I shot it. I never touched a screw on that rifle after that. I have never laid two bullets in the same hole before with factory ammo. A nickel would cover the group at 100yds. From the edge of the wallowed out hole to the edge of the other hole it was a quarter inch. That rifle would shoot anything. For anyone reading this take my advice if you ever get a rifle that feels like it is part of you hold on to it.

5. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Thats WHAT I would have said !...JimKim is on the Money....