Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of changing up my handgun situation, for various reasons i can go into if needed. Anyways, I was at the local cabelas the other day and this caught my eye, it was slow in there so i asked to take a look at it, and man, it felt really good. I have had a stoeger handgun in the past, a Cougar model, it was bascially a "compact( still a brick) " beretta 92 copy. It was a fine gun, accurate and smooth with the rotating barrel. however i traded it for something else, cant remember. anywho, I dont really have much negative to say about the quality of that stoeger, and I can only hope that its improved since then. they are owned by benelli/ beretta so I think there is some quality capability at least there in the system.

for the price, I'm really considering picking one up. I want a full sized 9mm as a back up to my rifles for home / self defense.

yes its only 15 rounds when it could probably fit 17, but the state i live in only likes 15 rounds anyways.. so its about perfect.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, I've got a few feelers out to sell some of my existing handguns, so if that goes as planned i may be picking up one of these. reivews seem positive.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
It is a Glock clone. Most parts are the same. You can take the slide off and put it on a Glock 19 and it works fine, not the other way around because the Stoger is slightly. longer. I would buy one in a heartbeat, the same gun at half the price.

And they look a lot better than my Glocks, really like that look. Let us know how it shoots.
Stoeger “STR9” or Glock ? | LooseRounds.com

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
They are not an exact clone, and the mags do not interchange, but the design is identical. A few changes like the springs and guide rod. I would call them an enhanced Glock. Much like the companies that copy the Sig or CZ 75 designs. If you like Glock then the only issue to me is whether you trust the company to make a quality product. Personally, I have no problems with Stoeger as they have made quality products a very long time. My 2 cents. Let us know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts