Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in to check on the ammo situation and was rather disappointed. Antlerless season started yesterday and their selection was not real good. They had 1 box of 6.5 Creedmoor, 1 box of 6.5 PRC, 4 boxes of 350 Legend, 1 box 308 Win, and 5 boxes of something else I don't remember. They had no 30-30, 30-06, 270 Win, 243 Win, 25-06, or 35 Rem. With deer season getting started you would think they would have had a better selection.

Super Moderator
here in SE MO my store is struggling to find ammo. On top of that, .243 and -06 I used to sell for $22.95, I now have to sell for $32.95 and up.

I have .243, .270, -06, .308, 350 Legend, 6.5 Creed, 223, .300 BO...

Registered
I haven鈥檛 check my local WalMart in a good while so, I stopped in to find that they were almost wiped out in the shooting dept. No rifles, only a few shotguns, a spattering of .22 ammo and a fair supply of shotgun ammo. It looks as if they are shutting down guns and ammo sales all together. Surprising since I live in small town in a fairly rural county. My LGS is fairly well stocked in most calibers that I shoot. I handload most of my ammo so, I have a decent supply on hand. However, finding components has become difficult if not impossible.. Component prices have practically doubled since the Biden era, making loading your own less economical than it was.

Registered
Yeah Walmart out my way stinks. CHecked for a better deal on shotgun ammo for Trap. Not much luck lately but when I can score it is cheaper than my LGS which is charging $12 for target loads no.8 or no.6 game loads. Used to pay around $6.50 couple years back. Was paying $10.95 for CCI 22 mag ammo from Walmart but none in stock and LGS wants $18 per 50. Afraid high price for ammo is here to stay. Gonna see if I can get it shipped online. Some will do it for my state if you send a copy of your firearm license. Be great to get a better deal on 9MM for my CS-9. Last year most gun shops were charging $50 per 50. Holy Cow that was bad!! Surprised my sportsman club has quite a few trap shooters on Sunday. Many reload but as ya say shot ,primers, and components are up in price. Seems like it is getting to be a rich mans sport lately.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Walmart out my way stinks. CHecked for a better deal on shotgun ammo for Trap. Not much luck lately but when I can score it is cheaper than my LGS which is charging $12 for target loads no.8 or no.6 game loads. Used to pay around $6.50 couple years back. Was paying $10.95 for CCI 22 mag ammo from Walmart but none in stock and LGS wants $18 per 50. Afraid high price for ammo is here to stay. Gonna see if I can get it shipped online. Some will do it for my state if you send a copy of your firearm license. Be great to get a better deal on 9MM for my CS-9. Last year most gun shops were charging $50 per 50. Holy Cow that was bad!! Surprised my sportsman club has quite a few trap shooters on Sunday. Many reload but as ya say shot ,primers, and components are up in price. Seems like it is getting to be a rich mans sport lately.
I'll go in and check tomorrow, but if I remember right Rural King had 9mm for a bit cheaper than that 100 round boxes of Winchester for 38.00 if I remember right

Premium Member
Here in Ky our local Rural King had a pretty good supply and some calibers were reasonable some not so much. I handload most of what I shoot so not a big deal for me.

Reactions: neophyte

Global Warming Enthusiast
Well I bought all the .30-30 and .30-06 Core-Lokt my Walmart in California had for $9 a box a few years ago as they were going woketard. So I'm good for a bit. :p

Rural King near me didn;t look stocked too well, but I never buy ammo in stores anymore anyway. We have a pretty good ammo seller that posts here all the time, and a few other online favorites I buy from.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally remembered to stop, they had Winchester 9mm in 100 round boxes
Product Font Packaging and labeling Rectangle Carton
Packaging and labeling Font Carton Box Automotive exterior

They have 350 Legend for 29.99 a box

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah at least AK. Gotta check next time I visit Bass Pro or my LGS. Prices often shocking for a guy my age. LOL Heck only paid $46 for my first Ruger 10/22.
I'll check Rural King next time I'm by and post some more pics. Other than the bowling alley, that's the only place that sells ammo on the way to work.

Registered
Stopped at my local Walmart for shotgun shells. Even they wanted $10.43 per box for no.8 12 gauge Remington target loads. Couple years back paying $6.50. Found a place online that will ship to my state with photo of gun license. Grab 22 mag while I'm at it.

Registered
Stopped in to check on the ammo situation and was rather disappointed. Antlerless season started yesterday and their selection was not real good. They had 1 box of 6.5 Creedmoor, 1 box of 6.5 PRC, 4 boxes of 350 Legend, 1 box 308 Win, and 5 boxes of something else I don't remember. They had no 30-30, 30-06, 270 Win, 243 Win, 25-06, or 35 Rem. With deer season getting started you would think they would have had a better selection.
I buy online. Mostly from Freedom Munitions. They reload, but you wouldn't know if they didn't tell you. I'm always real happy with it. They maintain decent stock and often good prices. If you are patient you can get free or $5 shipping deals.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts