Stripper clip question!

Discussion in 'Ammunition Reports' started by fisherboy111, Aug 18, 2010.

1. fisherboy111

fisherboy111 G&G Newbie

Hey guys, gun noob here. I own an sks and I was wondering if you can seperate the rounds off of a 10 round stripperclip, I was also wondering if you can load a 5 round non detachable box magazine with 10 round stripperclips 5 rounds at a time. Thanks for appreciating my noobyness

2. Yes you can seperate single rounds off of a 10 round stripper clip. And no you cannot load a 5 round non detachable magazine from a 10 round stripper clip.

What caliber and rifle type are you refering to???

3. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Yes to question one; and a sort of yes to question 2....
    If you have a fixed 5 rd box, and you try to load from a 10 rd stripper, the first 5 rds would go in, and there would be no further progress, requiring you to remove the stripper with the 5 rds remaining still on clip. Sometimes the last (top) one would have fallen off requiring you to pick it out of the chamber area. You could also remove 5 rds from the stripper, and use the stripper then to load into the 5 rd box mag.

4. god&guns

god&guns G&G Newbie

MN
    kinda looks like your a noob too.

5. I would say yes on both counts, depending what type of rifle you're trying to load 5 at a time.

6. res45

res45 G&G Addict

Just make a 5 rd. stripper clip,I made about 10 in less than an hour.

Attached Files:

7. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

Don't SKS's Have 10 round fixed box magazine's?

8. M14man

They normally do, but some aftermarket ones were 5 rd..to meet hunting requirements; or some 20 rd Chinese made ones.

9. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

do you know where I could find one cause my lil bro just traded a Maverick 88 to this guy for a Yugo sks and 100 bucks (one hell of a deal!) but it didn't have a fixed box magazine with it....Thats probably why he traded it. My bro has a couple of plastic detachables ones but im a skeptic of those and I wanted to get him one of the fixed ones for him as a present.

10. M14man

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  11. Guess I am the noob on this SKS stuff. Only experience I have had with stripper clips was with the M14 and M16.
    Kind of a fumble nuts operation trying to load a 5 round box magazine with a 10 round stripper though.

12. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

Loading 5 rounds off a 10 round stripper clip is fairly easy. I do it all the time to load my 15 round M1 Carbine mags. All you need to do is count up 5 rounds. Pinch that 5th round and press down. So easy a bagpiper can do it!

13. res45

res45 G&G Addict

The 5 rd. mag was also a standard feature on the PolyTech Hunter Chinese SKS.

Attached Files: