Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Sad to hear. Another one for the statistics and for the "Outlaw military rifles!" arguments.

I didn't know it was legal for a 13 year old to have an AK-47....

I'm glad no one was physically hurt though.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Joplin, MO is located about 167.8 miles south of Kansas City, MO where I live. These copycat perps (regardless of age) make me a little nervous. No telling where/when the next copycat killer(s) will search out for attention next. Thank God, in this case, there was nobody killed.

Regarding the gun reportedly used, the AK47 "assult rifle", again it is being demonized by the press...rather than the individual choosing to use it. Noted also in the article was that LEO officials removed a second rifle from the perp's home. I'm wondering why it was taken??? Was it at fault, too?

Surely the student's parents had knowledge of their son's hobby. Were they negligent in intervening in this case? How was the gun obtained? There's a lot to be told about this story that I want to hear before forming an opinion on the entire situation.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
This has gotten really bad lately. Maybe they should stop giving them so much publicity. And parents should lock up their guns.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Shoulda Given Him the 3rd Eye

If the Principal had shot him dead right off the bat, schools would be much safer. No negotiating, no ego massaging, no publicity, no 15 seconds of fame before harming innocent schoolmates. We should waste no time on headcases when they have bombs and are pointing loaded guns and actually shooting. That school lucked out. Heilung

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
This is becoming a real problem. There should be more procautions taken, like giving the kids a quick pat down or something?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
This is becoming a real problem. There should be more procautions taken, like giving the kids a quick pat down or something?

Maybe John Karr would like a job doing that....?

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
I am against that...I could be for metal detectors in schools...but that would lead to the pat downs...which were bad enough back in my day.

·
Registered
297 Posts
IMO, just give the school staff .44 Magnum handguns. I tell ya, a kid would think about opening up war if he knew that he wasn't going to get off but a couple shots before he got nailed.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Stupid people shouldn't breed. Too much publicity for the punks. Just a bunch of unoriginal losers that want their 15 minutes of fame.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I started hearing about all these school shootings I thought well give the principle a gun. But then I thought what principle would shoot a student that he watched come to school almost everyday. You can say shoot him on the spot but would you really do it. It would probably haunt whoever did it for the rest of their lives. There is almost nothing we can do about this and it bugs me to see it happen.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A couple things stick out in this story:
Police described his weapon as a Mac-90, a replica of an AK-47 assault rifle.
First off it's MAK-90.. nevermind.
He tried to continue firing but the rifle jammed, according to Jones.
What the crap are the chances of this happening?
Farmer said it is not uncommon for people in the area to own assault weapons.
Ok, my town has about 8,000 people in it, and the cops have no clue about what people own. I really wonder if these cops know, or if this is a run up of things to come.
Ya know, I see alot of you all calling these kids punks, losers. Saying we need to install metal detectors, search kids, their backpacks, lockers. Arming the teachers. The problem is, each of you are wrong, each of you are suggesting everything, except what needs to be done to fix the problems in our schools. I wonder how many of you care for the kid in the back of the room who no one likes, who people throw things at and call names, like a [email protected] How many of you ever told a friend to stop when you knew that things had gone over the line. When a baby is born, it's not full of hate and anger. The events that happen to us every day is what turns your heart "black", so to speak. Heres a question, from someone who knows what its like. How many of you have ever had rocks thrown at you? How many of you have gone to school with an upset stomach from the 7th grade until the last day of your junior year? Anyone? How many of you avoided going to football games, playing sports, going to the movies, proms, dances, or anything else that involved kids from school? Again, anyone? Does anyone on these boards besides me have any clue of what that life would be like? Or how about we throw this into the mix. How about having a stepfather who likes to drink a little to much? Say 45+ beers a night every so often. I wont even go into any other home problems since it will be getting off subject. So you want to know what can fill a young kid with hate and anger? There ya go. And how many kids do you think this happens to every day? We all know that men and women have a breaking point. A point in which you can no longer take it. Ever had a nervous breakdown? And I dont mean the normal crap you get at 4:15pm on a Thursday afternoon when the boss wants you to work late meaning you MIGHT be late for a night out with the boys. I mean the one when your brain just says "I cant take it". Ever felt that? These kids didn't play GTA one to many times. These kids probably set in Algebra I for 4 months while 3-4 kids called them **** every 30 seconds while the teacher did nothing. Smacking them in the back of the head, threating to kick their @$$ each day after school. Go through that once in your life, and see what fills your soul each night before you go to bed, and each morning before you go to h3ll. I'm not saying what these kids do is justified, in no way do I believe that. I do however think its time for the schools to own up for what they've created. You can only kick a dog so many times before he bites you back. You can only grab a cat by the tail so many times before it attacks. And you can only push a person so far before they retaliate.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Pred...I've had students, as you've described, in my H.S. classes. Sounds like you're describing something in your background, too. If so, it's a tragedy of a life that should have been a lot different if someone had cared enough to show some respect to a fellow being. Sorry to hear about all those bad things, and hope the person you described has things working better in life for him now.

Ox

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
yeah pred, your right. i speak from experience. the big guy in school, 6 foot plus, 230 pounds and the guys loved it. i wouldn't fight back if my life depended on it. never got the pretty girls in school. worked at rotten ronnies, that was h3ll. even there i got picked on. all the above and more. then i took olympic wrestling in gym class, got good too, it was a good place to dissapear. one day i had enough as one of the tough guys in the grade over me pushed too hard. i went over that guy like a freight train. hurt him pretty bad. yeah my teen years led to me being a pizzed off adult, still am most of the time. that led me to always trying to look after the people that took crap like i did. that mentality didn't always serve me well but i will not change. a lot of kids still had it worse than me, this aint a competition that i am starting. if you ask me i think the parents could do a better job of keeping their eyes open for the signs of a kid withdrawing into themselves. the signs are there. for those of you that want to say " yeah, yeah, always blame the parents", in no way will it hurt for parents to pay more attention to what is going on in their kids lives, good and bad. h3ll i take my boy to kadets, infinitely proud to do so. i am one of the precious few that my girls will ask to go clothes shopping with. even when my girls need gitch, yup and off i go to the sporting goods section. i think that my girls get a kick out of doing that to me. i do feel i have a grip on what is going on in my kids lives. is their stuff going on that i dont know about? i am absolutely sure of it. if it gets serious enough, i believe they will come to me about it. so yeah, i do believe that parents could do a lot to fix these violence related problems. to many of my friends are lousy parents and their kids are not so little devils. and there will always be that kid that gets by that just has a head full of bad wiring. even then there is still signs if people are looking. i wish i had a magic fix, the closest i have is to just open our eyes.

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
Forced integration,political correctness,minority families teaching their kids street smarts while whitie teaches their kids to respect and obey and not to fight,result,kids ban together,gangs,clicks,bully our kids because we don't display those killer instincts to show off and convince their peers that they are tough,and they are,while our kids appear weak,and because of their breeding,which was once codoned and paid for by our gummint,and immigration at invasion levels,we are becoming the minority.
It has reached the point if we now try to teach our kids to play by their rules we are the criminal and trouble makers.
I feel sorry for our kids in school now and do not see a very bright future ahead for them unless we put our foot down,and I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for that!
Just like our rights,our country,and now our childrens future,we are just letting it slip through our fingers.
It is both shameful and pathetic.
Our gummint is no help,more of the problem due to PC and their attention to makeing deals and playing politics.
We are on our own and it shows.
Sorry to offend,but I'm telling it like I see it!:confused:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I work at a school, and I would love it if they gave me a nice 1911 with hydrashock or anything like that. I garuntee that kids would think twice about bringing fire arms to school if they knew I was packing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts