Students protest anti-gun law on campus

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Marine1, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Marine1

Marine1 Guest

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Students opposing Appalachian State University’s stance on concealed weapons on-campus protested last week by wearing empty gun holsters. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, or SCCC group had over 3,800 participants on more than 600 campuses across the country. [/FONT]

The Appalachian Online - Students protest anti-gun law on campus

2. There is a law in progress here that will make it legal to conceal carry on an Arizona college campus, but the entire media is condemning it. The students want it, but the masses don't care.

3. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The masses aren't worried about being in a shooting gallery! They think they're safe, and hide behind their gated communities, with armed guards. So what do they have to worry about? Let one of those gated communities get shot up, and they'll change their song!!!

4. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Enthusiast

I participated!

Our campus group actually got face-time on the local news. Check out this thread on OCDO for more: Empty Holster Protest at UW - Washington - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

Please, if you have the chance, support CCRKBA, they are a VERY active pro-gun group. I met a representative of their's at the state capitol building who testified when I went to testify on legislation (two bills), one for CPL-holders to carry on campus and one to institute K-12 rules on college campuses regarding firearms (that's right, they wanted to treat college/university adults like schoolchildren).