close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sudden attraction to wheelguns

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyclops, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

What's up? Have I slowed down? Did I just realize the inherent beauty of a well made revo?
    I'm a semi auto guy but in the last 2 weeks, I developed a need for a revolver. An entire new world of handguns has just opened up for me!

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

A finely crafted handgun is a piece of art, whether it's a revolver or an auto. Still, there is something particularly satisfying about a well-crafted wheelgun. Maybe the heft of all that steel and wood.
    Then eventually, you get the urge to get a single-shot. We should always strive to broaden our horizons.
    I still shoot my autos most often, but I love the wheelguns and single-shots too.

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    the cure............................get ou the wallet! as usual.

I like revolvers too, just hate cleaning them;)

4. For the average run-of-the-range- guys Ruger makes a mighty fine line of wheel guns and I hear Taurus is coming along well also.

I enjoy taking my wheel guns out every so often. To me there is a feel of the old days when you wrap the fingers around the grip and pull the hammer back.

With changes in technology fifty years from now people will be saying that they like taking their autos out every now and then.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2002
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

I think I need a bigger safe!:jaw:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2002
  6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I love revolvers and will always trust a revolver over a semi anytime! Taurus and Ruger rule for wheelguns!

7. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Dirty Harry Calahan the last of the notable movie runs that showed a wheel gun of choice?

Dang, when he dragged that fire breather .44 mag....****!

Now it seems Hollywood just wants to portray the biggest...the baddest....guns.....and half of them I can't recognize.

At my age if I see a movie with a pair of .44's I'm happy. Any scenes with guns is a gimme, lol.

There's something about a pair of .44's or .45's in the mitts..well..I better stop right there!

8. NRAJOE

Yeah, plus hollywood always has them holding the guns sideways while firing them and hitting everything they "AIM" at! What a CROCK!

9. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Actually, I would like one of those Hollywood gazillion-shot 5-shot revolvers you see w/ 2 mile accuracy!

10. NRAJOE

How about one of those double barrel shotguns that you have to pump and it keeps shooting? :eek: :p

11. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Those are sweet! You know what else? I'd like to go to whatever shooting school they go to where they learn to shoot 2 pistols accurately at the same time! :gangster:

12. NRAJOE

Yeah two full tilt .45's barely bucking and take out twenty targets without reloading. One of my favorite movies is "Last Man Standing" with our buddy Bruce Willis, but a couple scenes were hard to swallow.

13. How about Desperado with Antonio Banderas.

14. NRAJOE

Didn't see it alan, I don't care for him at all.

15. The action was decent and of course some of it was far fetched. Joe-- talk at you later got to go to a store meeting.

16. NRAJOE

Tell Homer D. Poe I said hi! I'm at work right now, 6:00a - 6:00p.

17. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I figure they should start putting the sights on the side of the slide. That way the gangsters can at least aim while they are shooting. I never really did understand that sideways shooting, I think I would get tired of hot brass hitting me in the face and going down my shirt.