close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suggestions for next step in my project

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyclops, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Started w/ stainless '91a1. Now has 3# trigger, McCormick trigger & hammer, Ed Brown beavertail and new internals (spring, sear etc...)
    I think I'm ready for the next step. I'm thinking about a Caspian slide, MMC target sights, MSH/mag well.
    Any other suggestions?

2. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    barsto barrel.

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Next step: Smith and Alexander magwell, Brown or Wilson Ambi-safety, Hex-head grip screws and hex-head mag release catch screw, try pearce finger grooves (like 7 bucks instead of $175 for checkering.) Your slide is fine. You can have it machined to look any way you want, and you can put any set of sights on it. how's that?

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Just be sure your magazines fit the mag well extension. I found that my Mecgar magazines were too wide at the baseplate to fit my extension well. Ed Brown's and Wilson's fit okay. Just one more thing to be aware of.

5. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Been using Wilson mags since I picked up my Colt. Been flawless! Re: new barrel...will I improve reliability w/ a ramped barrel?

6. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    dont need a ramped barrel for .45, but for 38super/9mm its a good idea.:target: