close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suitable shooter?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by cerian, Mar 26, 2002.

1. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

Ok. Seeing as I am getting nowhere with the Fughazi research. Can I please have some advice on this?
    I write crime fiction, and I want to furnish my female protagonist with a sexy sleek pistol, not too big that it can't be hidden in a leg holster under a nice dress, not too small that it's wimpy. Powerful, a silencer, something a little unusual perhaps.....
    I was told Fughazi would be suitable - but now can't find any info on this gun.......

Any suggestions?

Thanks alot.

2. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    browning hi-power not too big not to small sleek and sexy!

3. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

That Is nice!

Can a silencer be fitted?

4. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Check out this link
    http://www.makarov.com/
    Makarov's are small a power between a 380(9x17) and 9mm (9x19)...(9x18 is their calaber) and have a cult following..they are communist block weapons with a cult following...makarov owners tend to be rabbid in their defense of the pistol...the link I believe has threaded barrels..so you could attach a silencer (FFL required :) hope this helps...
    As the owner of a 454 Cas (Super Redhawk) I would love to see a fine lady with one straped to her leg...heheheh

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Cerian, the CZ52 is sa tylish pistol, not too big but not small. There are threaded 9mm barrels available, which could take a suppressor. This combined with sub-sonic ammo would give your lady a practical weapon. As this is fiction, she needn't bother with that pesky $200 transfer fee. She can use the money to "accessorize".

6. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

Thanks

Not so keen on the Makarov, seems a bit chunky.

But, oooh, I like the Redhawk......... nice...

pardon my ignorance, but could a silencer be custom fitted to that? Or to the Browning Hi Power?

7. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

Oops, sill y me, the redhawk is a revolver........

8. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

Thanks Big Dog.

The piccies I can find don't make it seem particularly good looking tho.

9. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Sinlencer on a super redhawk 454 cas...hummmm...NO :) The thing is a hand cannon..ment for hunting bears ect...your talking 1800 ft/lps of muzzle energy....and its very long..mine has the 7 1/2 inch barrel..Chunky Mak...dont own one but the mak people tend to rabbbid so be carfull...a CZ 52 in 7.62x25 (I have one of them) is slim...and forign..since its fiction a sinlcer would work...course with Ceck ammo get a nice fireball...on paper (without argueing bullet designe ect) has almost the same bullistics as a 357mag so lots of power....
    Of course James Bond used a Walter PPK...and there is Kal-Tec and the North American Arms (NAA) Guardian in 32acp?...I had their 5 shot 22 LR derringar that thing was so tiny you could wear it on a dog tag chain....
    Still a long legged woman with a SuperRed hawk (mine weighs a ton) straped to her bare leg.....course she would walk funny :)
    Why not check out that movie the whole 9 yards with Bruce Willis....that lady used a small pistol...was holding it naked so I did not catch the modle...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2002
  10. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Pistol PCi

Here are some of my toys..if you see any that seems like what your looking for let me know...the small autos are from years ago and are the likes of jennings type cheep guns...the CZ-52 is also pic.
    The CZ-52 is the first gun on the left...from front to back..black and gray...mine is 7.62x25

11. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

12. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

Impressive..........

still not keen on the CZ-52

what's the one at the back of the second row from the left?

What does Lara Croft allegedly use I wonder?

13. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Hi Point 380...wifes gun..actualy kinda bulky side ways ... why not go to a large gun store and look around? Check out the NAA website..think they make the smallest guns around..

14. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

Am in Australia. Gun stores aren't so common here............. :)

15. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ok fund it.

It dont get any smaller than this...I post the info and then the web link...this is the NAA 380 guardian and is small and diffrent...the web site pictures appear to be actual size...

any Mechine shop could thread the end of th abrrel to accept a sinlencer...

For weird stuff check out the mini revolvers...they be tinney and on the end of a neckless would disaper between some boobs...that gives her 5 shots.

Caliber: .380 Auto
    Magazine Capacity: 6+1
    Operation: Double Action Only
    Material: 17-4 pH stainless steel
    Barrel Length: 2.49"
    Height: 3.53"
    Overall Length: 4.75"
    Width: 0.930"
    Weight: 18.72 ozs. unloaded
    Suggested Retail Price: $449.00
    Trigger Pull: 10.0 LBS.

http://www.naaminis.com/firearms.html

16. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

Nice. Thanks. Might be useful as a second gun for some scenes, but not her main gun.............. too small.....

geez I'm difficult to please huh?

17. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Not realy ive been married 19 yrs..2 sisters 3 daughters and a female boss...Im kinda use to it :p

18. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Plan G

Check out the Barretta web site...I have the link to Compact handguns...I belive that this will accent your figure and yet provide the va voob you are looking for...:)

I will be listed in the index right :::D

Compact
    http://www.beretta.com/home.html

19. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Or this

This firearm is made in my home town btw Cocoa is basicy were NASA is...actualy it is its own area....but hay we claim it.

http://www.kel-tec.com/prod01.htm

20. cerian

cerian G&G Newbie

Kel-tec's not pretty enough

ooh, I loove the Desert Eagle, but I spose that's too big..........

So, could a suppressor be fitted to a Baby Eagle, or a Browning hi-power?