Summer getting ready for 8 months of snow.

Discussion in 'ATV's' started by Rex in OTZ, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

I drained the carb on my sno-go, used a gas pump & pumped the gas tank into gas cans, swabbed out all the sludge from the gastank bottom and fished out a forien items (gas jug ring), treated the drained gas with Stabul and re-gased useing a Mr-funnel back in the tank, primed and fired up sno-go ran it for a couple minuets and shut off, cleard out injection oil tank useing a suction gun and flushed out the gunk in bottom of oil tank, and replaced the in-line filter from tank to oil pump, then used some foaming engine cleaner around the front of engine (avoid crank seals) and hosed after, then pulled air box and wiped out the summer dust and applied a new synthetic snow sock (panty hose) to the airbox inlet (Mine has none).
    removed the undercarrage to go through the bearings and other moving parts, found rust on swing arms so wire brushed and ospho the corrosion and touch up painted with zinch chromate and gloss black ceramic base engine header paint (7 days to set).
    replaced the old windshield, riveted section of old windshield on top as extension so now its better to ride in our arctic coastal environment of NW Alaska.
    Have to fix the sled hitch on the flat sled too.

Attached Files:

2. Rex did you have to bring up that subject, dangit I was just getting comfortable with the warmth and sunshine

3. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

Pretty much can bank on it.

Like Death and Taxes, ther's now way round missing winter in Arctic Alaska, one must embrace the inevitable, By the way did I mention my two favorite time's of the year?
    Fall - Love My area in the Fall.
    Winter - No bugs & Ice fishing.
    Do one thing a day that you dont want to do.
    In my case I have a list of 5 things to do each day from simple little things like pay a bill to patching a tire or leveling my pallace on poverty's quarter acre.
    some my fav winter sites as well as Gun and Game Forums
    www.plowsite.com for allot on snow plows
    www.snowmobileworld.com for snowmobiles
    www.iceshanty.com for icefishing.

Attached Files:

• A.jpg
      A.jpg
      File size:
      30.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010