close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

super blackhawk hunter

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by lefty o, Apr 21, 2002.

1. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    anybody else got one of these, i absolutely love mine- i get alot of comments on the gun cause you dont see many of them, well maybe you will now that ruger is making them again. and heres my question for the day- i shoot alot of reloads(slightly dirty),does anybody have any secrets for cleaning one of these stainless beasts when they get really dirty?

2. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Cylinder and Slide sells a product called Dunk-kit. I've never used it, but I've heard great reports on it's use. I have been told that diesel injector cleaner (STP), sold in Wal-mart works great on cleaning stainless guns. I was told this by an old IPSC shooter back in 1991. I've used the stuff on a stainless GP-100 in the past with super results. Hope this helps. The Super Blackhawk you own is a fine handgun.

Jesse

3. 50 BMG

50 BMG G&G Newbie

As long as your gun is stainless, Rig makes a product that they call a "Lead Wipe" cloth. It does an excellent job on removing that black "stuff" on the clylinder face etc... DO NOT use it on ANY bluing...IT WILL REMOVE IT! It also will remove lead buildup in the barrel...
    It keeps my Super Redhawk & Freedom Arms .454 nice and shiny...