Supreme Court ruled segregation unconstitutional. Some blacks seem to be ignoring the ruling.

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I've commented on G&G before now that despite the Supremem Court rulings like Brown vs Board of Education that outlawed segregation, it seems that a significant percentage of American blacks don't wish to integrate and assimilate into the American culture. They promote invented, separatist holidays like Kwaanza. They encourage blacks to "buy black,"patronizing black businesses. Now I read this in The Week.

The magazine has a column, "Only in America." This week, it had the following sniglet:

A group of 19 black families has purchased 97 acres of land in Georgia on which to build a "pro black" city. Founder Ashley Scott says she and her co-investors see a need to build a "thriving safe haven for people of color." The new city,Scott says, will be a place where black people can "be a village again, be a tribe again."

To me, this smacks not merely of separatism, but particularism. It's ironic, considering what Martin Luther King and the Freedom Riders did to end segregation 60 years ago, and what Black Lies Matter claim their organization is trying to do. On the one hand, there is a group that claims they want equality in fact, not merely in law, in the American culture. On the other, there's this group, and they are by no means an isolated example, that wants to live in the United States, but apart from it.

They can't claim parallels with the Amish or the Hasidim, whose present-but-apart status is based on religion. They can't claim sovereign nation status as the Native Americans who were here first have done; but even they interact with with dominant culture. These yahoos are angling for a black homeland if you extend their thinking.

If they want to live someplace where they can be a tribe again, with all the troubles and tribulations that devolution brings, buy a one-way ticket to Africa, renounce American citizenship, and leave. We'll be happy to see the back of them. They aren't acting like Americans. If they reject our culture, we should eject them. America is an idea, not an ethnicity!

2. reverendg

reverendg G&G Evangelist

That really isn’t segregation, since it is not mandated by government fiat. All that this amounts to is freedom of association.

shanebrews and Jaison like this.

3. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I remember when there was segregation still in schools and buses and bars etc.. Segregation was ended and closed a school a few miles from me in a small black community. Blacks had to go to my elementary school. I even had a black teacher that was very prejudice against the white kids in her class. Most of the blacks seemed very bitter against whites and wanted nothing to do with us. There were also a portion that were friendly and I got along with them fine. We did things together after school like sports and fishing and so forth. But a large portion had this thing about having to mingle with the whites. They stayed in groups in and out of school and taunted us a lot. Caused tension and many fights. It was a strange time in my life.
    So these blacks bought a farm and starting their own city or civilization? So white people have tried this and the government considered them a cult. The Government would interfere and be hostile in a few cases and kill the white families and members. I bet they have no interference on their farm no matter if they do illegal activities there or not.

4. Jim Rau

Jim Rau G&G Evangelist

95+% of segregation is VOLENTARY!!! Always has been, always will be!!:)

TXplt, blaster, mitchr and 4 others like this.
  5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Blacks love segregation, when it is on THEIR terms. If Whites try it, it's "racist", the blacks do it, they are "protecting their culture". Double standard indeed.

Rave, BigEd63, Huey Rider and 5 others like this.
  6. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

Had a high school in my police beat where lib parents were all in favor of busing. Then they bused blacks into their school and all hell broke loose.

Sportsterboy, BigEd63, TXplt and 3 others like this.
  7. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Have to agree. No harm, no foul.

That being the case, if whites, browns, yellows, reds, purples, or lime greens want to do the same thing it should be noooooo problem. Right?o_O

Can't imagine the uproar if that were a white group and they advertised their intentions like that. Pure hypocrisy.

Cyrano, Gray Wolf, reverendg and 4 others like this.
  8. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I remember that the City of Boston attempted to foist "integration" on my hometown in the 1970s so they would be in compliance with the federal court order the yankee gummint laid on them. The Town Selectmen saw it as an attempt by Boston to foist their troublemakers on us, but as required by law held a referendum. The referendum went against Boston by 10 to 1.

The Bostonians called us racists. We told them to mind their own business. We'd paid for our schools for our kids, and if any of the urban blacks wanted to get into our schools, let them move into our town. But we were not going to force any of our kids entitled to an education in our town to go to some substandard Boston school. The Bostonians didn't like that very much.

TXplt likes this.
  9. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Blacks don't seem to think that they are covered by the same rules we are. They have their all black clubs, all black entertainment, all black TV channels, etc, but let someone come up with an all white anything & there's h___ to pay.

goat roper, Cyrano, BigEd63 and 8 others like this.
  10. 410dude

410dude G&G Evangelist

They also said this, "It's impossible to have anything exclusively Black because our families are integrated," says Scott. "We are an integrated, tolerant and diverse community even as Black people, so we don't intend for it to be exclusively Black, but we do intend for it to be pro Black in every way."

11. Big Dog

Yeah, and just watch when a White man tries to join their happy little group..... o_O

12. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

The constitution and Title 7 legislation does NOT give special dispensation to blacks.

Equal means equal.

ALL lives matter. Anything else is just plain racist.

Cyrano, jwrauch, BigEd63 and 2 others like this.
  13. reverendg

reverendg G&G Evangelist

We have had similar municipalities for as long as we have been a nation. Chinatown, Poletown (Hamtramck Mi), little Italy, etc....actually our first natural born citizen president came from a similar community, and for him English was a second language. His family was primarily Dutch speaking.

14. Big Dog

Which is why I am diametrically opposed to the whole "Equal Rights BS as it is being perpetrated on the American people. It"'s neither equal or right.