close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Surprise..press caught makeing stuff up.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Is it up or down???? I dont mind the press lieing to me..kinda expect it...but would they please make up their mind what the lie is. These 2 articals appeared on the front page and money section on same day, same paper (Florida Today):
    (1)"Brevard jobless rate drops in July"
    (2) "Claims for jobless benefit in Brevard rise in July "

both showed on the web site's front page......... 2 very diffrent versions of the employment situation...I posted the first 2 paragraphs of both.

Complete FLORIDA TODAY coverage delivered to your door. Subscribe now.
    Aug 16, 8:20 PM

Brevard jobless rate drops in July

By Scott Blake FLORIDA TODAY

Brevard County's unemployment rate dipped in July. But many local workers still are seeking relief from last year's economic recession, when they were clobbered with layoffs.

Complete FLORIDA TODAY coverage delivered to your door. Subscribe now.
    Aug 16, 10:04 PM

Claims for jobless benefit in Brevard rise in July

By Scott Blake
    FLORIDA TODAY

Initial claims for unemployment benefits in Brevard County hit a high for the year in July, as 1,611 people applied to the state for jobless aid.

With few jobs being created, some people also are running out of such benefits.
    :rolleyes:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

NO! The Liberal media making things up?, I don't believe you! :D

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Say it isn't so, Doglips!! Our own people lying to us? What could they possibly get from lying to us??? Please, do tell!!!

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I am shocked I tells ya!:eek: :D

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

That's got to be the first time that's happened. (ha)

6. I know the up-standing and reliable news media wouldn't make anything up. I just know they would print and broadcast dull everyday truth with no hope of revenue.

And........I know the latest report on Rosie O sporting a new butch haircut is all true.

I used to gag when I saw a pic of Rosie....now I up-chuck.....fer sure....yepper.