Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope i am not re inventing the wheel but the US Army's survival manual FM-21-76 Survival, Evasion and Escape in online along with the similar FM 21-76-1 For more survival ect reads you might be able to find older books ect on archive.org. Then you can look through book stores, military surplus shops, and gun shows. Then there libraries where you can also get books by ILL and you might find some that have outdoor magazines.

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How to make salt boil either sea water or sea ice in a pot or pots and when the water is gone there will be salt in the pot.sources:
Undaunted Courage Stephen H Ambrose p318

Shackelton's Forgotten Men Lennard Bickel P207

you can also watch survival shows on TV and youtube.

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have some more how to make a few dollars more.

Pick up all the change you see including pennies. you can make a few more dollars a year this way.

pick up all aluminum cans and take them to a scrap yard for cash. Find out what other metals ect the scrap yards buy like tin, copper lead ect,

Pick up all rifle and pistol brass you find if its good for reloading you can use it or give it or sell it to people.Brass unfit for reloading take it to a scrap yard. this includes rifle and pistol primers. Shot gun shell empties pick them up if they are fit for reloading as well.

During the depression of the 1930s people sometimes cooked over a wood fire in their backyards. You might want to cook over a Hobo Stove made from a large coffee or similiar can which you can use twigs ect to make a fire.

need money dig through your stuff and sell it at pawn shops, Surplus shops, gun shows ect. Got books you don't need take them to a used book store to sell or trade. For the ladies there are shops that will buy your clothes.

I hope this is of some use to someone.who needs a little extra money.

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I recently got this book by ILL "The Partisan's Companion: Deadly Techniques of Soviet Freedom Fighters during World War II" translated by Paul S Schmidt a translated reprint of the 1941 manual used by Soviet partisans during WW II. I am sure the WW II era Soviet partisans would have found this book of some use. It was intended for civilians not for the military

I would say today's Ukrainian partisans could use a updated version of this book. Some modern day Outdoors and survival types might also find it of some use.

Chapters
I Tactics the basics of how to fight
II Weapons how to use ect the M-1891, TOZ Tokarev rifles, PPD and PPSH SMGs DP LMG 60mm mortars grenades, captured model 98k, MP-40 and PO-8 pistol. Note the TOZ rifles are .22 caliber.

III Hand to hand combat M-1891 bayonet fighting, E-tool and knives fighting disarming people

IV destroy enemy tanks includes how to make Molotov cocktails

V Sapper work how to dig in , fall trees, tie knots take down wires blow thing up

VI Patrolling includes river crossing , movement rest fire making and shelters

VII Reconnaissance includes move silently read sign , hand signals determiine the size of the enemy

VIII Camouflage from aircraft , use of terrain

IX Land Navigation compass and map reading

X First Aid basic first aid ect

XI Life in the Snow how to make skis, ski pole, snow shoes sleds shelter ect

XII Fighting on skis as is

XIII How to Preserve Food Stuffs like dig a potato pit ect

Lester Grau and michael Gress had the later versions translated:
The Red Armys Do-it-yourself Nazi Bashing Guerrilla warfare manual: The Partisan's Handbook updated and revisted edition 1942
The Red Army Guerrilla warfare Pocket Manual 3rd edition published in may 1943

If you go to Amazon for these 2 books you can look inside also tankarchives.ca/2017/12/Paristans-companion-weaponsofcombat you can see parts of them

Lester Grau's books on the Afghan war "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" and "The Other Side of the Mountain" are both online.

I hope this is of some use or interest

1 - 11 of 11 Posts