close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Swede With Soviet Scope

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Hans R Colt, May 9, 2002.

1. Hans R Colt

Hans R Colt G&G Newbie

Went to the local OC Gun Show and guess what someone had done?

I saw an M96 that had the bolt handle bent down, and the seller had managed to attach a Soviet side-mounted scope rail to the triggerguard assembly/magazine well section, and had one of those cool Soviet scopes on! The scope was placed off to the left of the receiver, but looks very operable.

Too bad the scope didn't have a BDC for 6.5 x 55. Would this be considered a Bubbatized setup to you guys? Looked very cool.

2. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    to do that to a swede is a sacrilidge(?). now a moisin or something else maybe. a swede is just to fine a weapon for a bubba job.

3. Hans R Colt

Hans R Colt G&G Newbie

Yeah, I know where you're coming from, lefty o. A rifle so beautiful I'd be afraid to touch it! But at least it was a really great bubbafication from my POV. One could theoretically get spare triggerguard assemblies and a replacement stock to bring the rifle back to original condition, or better yet, cut up the spare parts themselves and put the OEM stuff away for restoration.

Tactically, this would be a great advantage to the owner, as all the current Russkie goodies are available to him/her, like night vision sniper scopes, IR detector capabilities, red dot sights, different scope combos, etc. And who could argue with the hitting power of 6.5 at 800 yards!

And you wouldn't have to drill the receiver at all! If I ever see that lady at the gun show again, I'm just gonna hand her the money!

Last edited: May 11, 2002