Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To all my friends who are so much wiser than me…

I have a friend who has what appears to be a Swedish mauser. (I nor he know’s anything about mausers) Anyway he’s running short on the financial end of things and he wants to sell the rifle.

I believe from my research that this is in fact a swedish design. The action engages when the bolt is traveling back toward the receiver rather than pulling it back. It has a tab that I believe is a safety that flips vertically or horizontally on top of the slide thats at the rear of the receiver.

The stock only goes part of the up the barrel, but it still has the traditional markings and but plat, much like this pic.

So my series of questions would be as follows: Can someone tell me about this rifle? Is the stock sporterized? Is it in fact a Swedish mauser? How much is this gun worth? Private sale? Sale to a dealer?

I was thinking of paying him over what a dealer would pay for it and then selling it n a private sale for a profit. I’ve heard it’s a great rifle but the ammo is too pricey for me to shoot.

What would you do in this situation?

Any of you all interested in buying a rifle like this?

FYI the pic is one I stole from another website while researching, not actual rifle.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Can't tell you anything about the rifle, but I was curious, if your "friend" needs money, why would you want to buy it from him cheap and make a profit for yourself? Seems to me you should help your buddy out of a tight spot and hook him up with whatever private buyer you can find?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not planning on screwing my friend here. He offered to sell it to me for a song, and since I don't have any particular use for the gun I told him I'd find out as much as I could about it. The I'm trying to get him a fair price for the gun and unlike him I can hold on to it until I find a good buyer. Hell, I offered to loan him the cash but he is set on getting rid of stuff he doesn't need in order to make it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Cool. That makes a little more sense. I didn't mean any offense, I just was curious how close a friend he was! HAHA!

EDIT:
Personally, if I were you, I would give him any profit that you made down the road if you did decide to sell it. Just seems like the right thing to do to help a buddy.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I respect the banter about our friendship and my charitable heart. But he's not going to get jack squat for the gun until I can find out about it. So a little help please.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
it has shooter value only. it does appear to be a "sporterized" swede mauser. i'd give a value of $200 for the rifle +whatever you feel the scope is worth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts