Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally made the choice. I went with the Glock model 27. For those that do not know it's the Sub Compact .40S&W cal. I took it out to the range right after I got it. This thing is a shooter! I shot it at 15 yards got pretty good groups with it for a first time out. Can't wait till she is all broken in.

So where can I get a good deal on some goodies for this thing??

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Congrats on the 27 that is a very fine gun, will last a lifetime, very accurate, and the reliability is unsurpassed

·
Wonderment :)
33,524 Posts
informed

GoodAim: Sir; :) good score. Share your learning curve with your new unit.:)
with pictures.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be posting pics and am going to start on a regular practice schedule. I am going to take the CHL Class very soon. I don't think I will have any trouble with it but I like being better than the rest. :)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks SilverRun. I am looking for a good concealment holster, although I can easily slip this bad boy in my pocket without anyone noticing. I would however like a ankle or small of the back. Haven't decided yet though.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Be careful slipping it into your pocket! I really like to have a holster covering the trigger - it would be embarrassing to shoot yourself in the butt! :)

I use the simple belt holster made by Glock. It covers the trigger, keeps the pistol close to the body and cost about $10. I wear my shirt out over it and you would have to be looking real close to see it. I have several of the more expensive holsters, but i keep using this one.

I have read that the small of the back was a dangerous place to keep a pistol. They said if you fell backwards, the gun could severely injure you spine. Made sense to me, so i avoid those holsters.

Ankle holsters are fine, but they get on my nerves. Keep pulling my socks down. :)

You will not be disapointed in the pistol. Don't forget that any .40 S&W Glock mag will work in the G-27 (i.e. G-23 and G-22 15 round mags!) - of course they stick out the bottom of the grip, but work just fine.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have had several Glocks and was never disappointed with their performance. Carried a G30 as a LEO and always qualified at the top, or very near the top of my department.
I now carry a G29 (10mm)

Good shooting and keep your trigger finger away from the trigger.

Please don't carry the pistol in your back pocket.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea you have to be careful with this one. I don't store it with a round chambered. I Keep it ready in my nightstand and once I get my CHL then I will decide how to carry it. I think it will be ok in a holster as long as it guards the trigger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts