Sweet model 94

Discussion in 'Winchester' started by BigElkCanoe, Sep 5, 2010.

1. BigElkCanoe

BigElkCanoe G&G Addict Forum Contributor

Going to a sale tomorrow to bid on a pre 64 model 94 30-30. Been looking for a nice one for over a year now. Wife wants me to get it for my 25th aniversary present, (I know it'll cost me big time at a later date), the gun is what I would consider 90% or better. Is it worth 500. The numbers say it was built in 53.

2. From what I've seen for prices around me $500 seems about right for a good condition pre 64. I've got a model 94 30-30 from the 70's...great rifle.

3. Mmmm,

seems realistic if the gun is in really good condition. I would examine the bore, smoothness of action, trigger pull, etc. before buying. Sometimes these older guns have basically no wear and tear as they only went hunting.

4. BigElkCanoe

Thanks for the input guys. We'll see how it goes . Sometimes people get carried away at auctions especially with guns.​

5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

So, did you get her ?? Or did some idiot bid it up too high ??

6. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

2 things come to mind. One, there not made anymore and two, it`s a pre-64.
    Bid like you mean it! Good luck.

7. BigElkCanoe

I scored, the model 94 cost me 380.00. Also picked up a norinco sks, and a cute little ruger 22 bear cat. It was the strangest gun auction I'd ever been to. some stuff went real cheap and others went for almost new prices. But I got what I wanted and the wife had'nt filed for divorce yet. Out of pocket right now, but I'll get some pics next week.

8. ninjatoth

ninjatoth G&G Newbie

$500 seems about right if not on the low side if it is a 30-30.My 1945 30-30 in 90% is worth around $700,I have had mutliple people look at my gun and they all have come up with the same figure of $700.Now if it is a .32-20 or whatever that weird caliber is than definity grab it because those are worth a ton more.

9. GlennF

GlennF G&G Addict

Ohio
    I think the "wierd" caliber you are referring to could be the 32-40. Original 94 came out in 32-40 and 38-55 caliber. Then 30-30 and 32 Special.

10. BigElkCanoe

A few pics of the model 94 I pickup. The sks is at Seabeescotty's getting some attention and my Pop "Borrowed" the Ruger Bearcat soooo not sure when those are comming back.

Attached Files:

11. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    I love those 94's! Sounds like you got a deal you can be happy about to.

12. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Gotta love Winchesters!

I think you scored BIG time!

13. BigElkCanoe

Yep, pretty pleased with it, if it'll quit raining long enough I might even shoot it.

14. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

I bought a 1960 model 94 yesterday . I guess I really scored I payed $75 for it from a city kid that inhereated it from his father in law . He has a winchester model 74 22 lr in 98 % condition that I am trying to talk him out of it was made in 1940 .

15. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

75 dollars! Score!!!

16. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

I know I was like cha ching !

17. BigElkCanoe

I'd take another,,,, give 2 bills fer it.

18. Very nice score. I'm seeing cross bolt safteys around here in the pawn shops for that $350. Love my '73 94 30-30.

19. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

and then you woke up!! It was a nice dream but it was only a dream ! Lol .