close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

syn. forearm replacement

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PDM, Aug 9, 2002.

1. PDM

PDM G&G Newbie

I'm wanting to get a syn. stock set for my sar-1. How do you go about removeing the lower handguard. The top looks like on the sks, just remove the metal cap pins. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Hi PDM, To remove the lower hand guard, first remove the cleaning rod, take off the upper hand guard, on the lower barrel band on the left hand side there is a pin that comes out and turns to the rear. rotate the pin so it is pointed to the muzzle and the band can be moved forword and the hand guard removed...

3. PDM

PDM G&G Newbie

Found it thanks, but I noticed the top handguard doesn't have pins through the endcaps. Looks like the front one is just pressed fitted around the gas tube. Can this just be peened down and then back up after you install the new one?

4. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

gently clamp the wood part of the top hand gauerd in a vise (wrap it with a towel so as not to damage the wood ) then take a wrench and turn the metal piece clock wise one half of a turn . then take it out of the vece and there you are. check first you might not need a vice mine does not. the wood hard ware should come out .

Last edited: Aug 11, 2002